A mistake ❤️‍🔥 Avengers Angst

Song: grimes - genesis.

Imagine: you get left behind on a mission, so you have a talk with all of them that you will leave the avengers.

Warnings: ANGSTTTTTTT, no fluff and no happy ending, blood and gore?? ANGSTTTT

•••

You watch the quinjet take off, normally that wouldn't be so weird. But the fact that you're sitting up against a tree, covered in blood that's partly your own, while you're supposed to be on that jet.

Not even your boyfriend noticed, that much is clear. You'll just have to find your own way home, and then pack your things to leave.

You've always made sure everyone was alive by the end of a mission, even if you were injured you always made sure everyone else was safe. Is it too much to ask for someone to not overlook you?

The trail of the red blood on the white walls makes it seem like a horror movie, but then again you look like an actual serial killer. Limping and all.

You're more angry than you are sad, maybe it's because you half expected something like this to happen sooner or later. You didn't expect them to actually leave you behind though, especially not Steve, your now ex boyfriend, even though he doesn't know that yet.

'I've had math in school, we're missing one of the team...' Nick Fury tells the group, everyone's heart drops to their stomach. Especially Steve's. 'Don't tell me you left-'

'I'm here...' you speak up, everyone's heads turning so fast you almost hear them break. 'Hope I'm still on time...' you walk past one side of the table, Steve's eyes boring into your body.

'Are you sure you can attend?' Fury asks, his nose scrunching up when he sees the way you limp painfully.

You nod as you let yourself drop into the uncomfortable office chair. You scrunch your eyes shut when you feel the wound on your side painfully jabbed by the armrest.

Steve already wants to stand up to help you get more comfortable but you give him a pointed look, he advises against it.

Fury starts going over the mission, which went successful because of your sacrifices. Nobody looks at you, all afraid to deal with the consequences of their actions.

'Y/n...' Fury speaks up. 'How did you get here?'

'Well not by jet... that's for sure...' you reply while looking around the room. Some lower their head in shake and others avoid making eye contact. 'I walked, through the woods, then got a ride back.. I was lucky the mission wasn't too far from a town...or else I would be dead...so thanks everyone, real fucking teamwork..'

'It's just a mistake...' Steve mutters.

'A mistake?! Leaving the milk carton open is a mistake, Steve, leaving your teammate and girlfriend behind, IS NOT A MISTAKE!'  You yell out in anger, shocking everyone. 'Fucking hell... I've done nothing but protect you all, nothing but making sure everybody is back safe and sound and you leave me in the middle of nowhere, injured and bleeding! And you tell me it's just a fucking mistake? Whoopsy just left my fucking teammate to die in the woods, oh well!'

'Y/n we're really sorry, Clint needed stitching-' Steve speaks up

'And so you leave me... not even ten feet away from the jet... you couldn't have taken the time to get me? Clint may have needed you but I needed you too! I had to watch the jet fly away... while I was sitting up against a tree, pressing down the bleeding wounds... I'm lucky my fast healing was able to function! Else I would've been dead-'