A Ribbon For A Life ❤️‍🔥 Bucky

song: Matthew Margeson - Dulce et Decorum Est.

Imagine; Bucky meets your daughter again in this time, (she hasn't aged either, it will be explained in the chapter) (also Bucky is a little older in this than he actually was because else it's impossible for him to have two kids that age)

warnings: angst, bittersweet feeling, some fluff not a lot, war, sadness and grief.

•••

'Hey Jo...' he hugs his little girl.

It's strange how everything turned out, last time he saw Jo was around the 1940's when she was about 15, Oliver was about 17. It's a miracle that she survived this long and looks about 24. She looks just like you, that's the first thing he thought of when she agreed to meet him at the coffee place down the street, and now she's here, at his apartment.

'Hey dad..' she smiles sweetly.

It took her a while to accept that her dad is still very much alive and kicking with her uncle. She always resented him a little, but she does want a bond with him, he's the only family she's got left. Even after everything that happened. So she tries to be civil.

'So how have you been?'

'How have I been?' She chuckles. 'What happened to you?' She nudges him before sitting down.

'Your uncle Steve got me good, said I was standing in the way, took a load of his shield on the last mission...' He grumbles as he lets himself drop in the chair next to the couch.

'Your uncle Steve has a way of twisting the blame..' you chuckled as you nurtured Bucky while Jo watched. 'Don't let him drag you into danger..'

Joanna hums at the memory. 'Ma used to always say that you shouldn't get dragged into Steve's danger..'

Bucky's heart clenches at the memory of you. Probably the hardest part of not aging and his time in Hydra is that he never got to come back to you. That he never got to tell you he loved you more than he ever loved anything in his life. He hopes you're still here, but you won't remember him surely.

'She did.. she was a smart cookie..always so wise for her age..'

Joanna watches his body language change when he talks about you. She'd never seen people so in love as her parents. You two weren't traditional like other couples, you both started as young parents, a happy accident if you will, she knows the story all too well.

She reaches out to lay her hand on his. 'She loved you immensely dad.. I know you worry about that sometimes.. but even if she was angry at you, she was still so in love...' she squeezes.

Bucky smiles at his daughter. He does doubt it sometimes. 'She never let it show by the way, I knew she sometimes was so angry at you and Oliver but she never let it show...at least not in front of other people...especially not grandma..' Jo continues.

'What do you mean?'

'I don't know what to do I'm just so angry at him...' you whisper as you hold onto one of Bucky's dress shirts. 'Why did you just have to go? Why did you enlist when you have a wife and kids to look after huh?'

Jo watches from the small gap in the door, like she usually does. She watches her mother let out all of the frustrations. She knows she's not supposed to see this, but she's just curious.

'God sometimes I wish you weren't so heroic.. that you weren't so brave because that would mean you're here with me...Oliver wants to enlist and I blame that on you... god why did you have to leave us.. leave me!'