Raincheck ❤️‍🔥 Peter Parker (request)

Song: Chance Peña - In My Room.

Imagine; Peter shows up at your place, grieving just the same as you. (Stark!daughter)

I just saw how long this request took me and I'm so sorry, I hope you like it!

Warnings: angst, fluff, grieving, stubborn Peter.

•••

It's raining again. It's like even the universe is grieving him. You don't know if that makes you feel better or even worse than you already do.

You stare out of your bedroom window, at first you don't really spot anything different, just the lake. The droplets hitting the water full force, you see the trees softly sway. And then you see someone standing in front of the lake.

'Y/n... me and Morgan are going to be out for the night, are you sure you don't want to come with?' Pepper knocks on the door softly.

'I'm sure...' you reply, voice bored and tired.

'Okay...' she walks over to you and plants a loving kiss on your head. 'I love you, baby...' she tells you and you give her a small smile.

'Is that...?'

'Yeah, he's out there again...'

'Maybe you should go talk to him... I know he's a super human, but standing in the rain for this long could make him sick...' Pepper frowns, she knows she could do it herself but after numerous times of trying, you simply have more power over him.

'I've tried... he doesn't want to listen...' you sigh, your eyes still on him.

'Then be as stubborn as him, if I know one thing about that kid, it's that he cares for you, so act like him and I'm positive he will come inside...'

'Hmm..' you hum at her, it's worth a try.

'Anyway, I've got to go, I'll see you tonight...' she walks off leaving you to creepily stare at your best friend turned slight crush.

You haven't spoken to him a lot, but you know he's grieving just as much as you are. Tony was a father figure for him, and he was your actual father. That's what made you become besties. And now you can seem to get through to him anymore.

You decide to try one last time, like Pepper said, this can't possibly be good for him.

You walk down the stairs and put on your shoes, leaving your coat hanging on the hook and you step outside.

'Peter!' You say catching his attention. 'What are you doing out here?' Your feet thump against the wet wood of the dock.

'I don't know...' he answers, his voice sounds broken. His whole body slumps forward. His legs dangle above the water, swinging back and forwards at your words.

'Lets go inside...'

'No, I'm staying out here, you should go though... you could get sick-'

You roll your eyes at him, 'so could you...I'm not going anywhere until you do too..' you sit down next to him.

'What are you doing?' He asks as he turns his head, you're suddenly close to him, he blushes a bit.

'You're going to get sick...' he mutters before looking down. He starts fiddling with his fingers.

'Only one way to ensure that I won't, Parker..' you muse as bump against him. It stays silent for a while after that.

You feel the rain soaking your clothes, the fabric sticks to your skin and your hair is equally sticky from the rain. A shiver runs through your spine, you're cold but you won't let Peter notice that.

'I miss him...a lot...' you speak up.

'I do too...'

'Its okay to be sad, you know that right?'

He nods silently. You shuffle closer a bit. 'And you know you can also be sad together with me.. inside.. where it's dry and warm...'

He chuckles a little at that. 'Yeah I do...I just wasn't sure if you wanted me inside... Pepper she.. we were both there and.. I'm not sure if she'd like to be reminded of him like that...'

'She doesn't mind that... she told me to bring you inside.. she doesn't see you as a reminder of his death, you know? She sees you as a reminder of what good he did... He helped you become an amazing superhero and we became friends...'

More shivers go through you and that's when Peter breaks finally. He stands up and helps you up as well. 'Lets go inside, I don't want you to get sick...'

'Pfff, I won't get sick..'

A while later you're finally warm again, laying against Peter on the couch, his arm wrapped around you. The blush he has on his face hasn't gone down ever since you laid against his shoulder.

If wasn't supposed to happen like this, but when you fell asleep and started cuddling up to him after listening to him talk for hours, he couldn't help but wrap you up in his arms and a thick blanket.

He has been trying to get you to go out with him, subtlety of course. Well maybe a little too subtle for you to understand that those dates were in a non friend way and more of in an actual date way.

He didn't want to ruin your friendship by being inconsiderate of your feelings. He doesn't want to feel like he's taking advantage of you and he doesn't want you to feel like he's doing that to you either. So he will wait until you both are doing better to finally ask you out for real.

So for now he will just enjoy your company. He suddenly lets out a cough while you sneeze beside him.

Uh oh. Maybe staying out in the rain wasn't such a good idea.