Money has to roll pt.8 ❤️‍🔥 Steve+Bucky Mob AU

Song: Post Malone - I fall apart.

Warnings: angst, fluff, Sneaking around, revelations.

•••

'I've had a talk with Stephen... he's not interested in pursuing you romantically...he never wanted that marriage to begin with... so it can't be him...but Y/n, I think it's someone closer to you...'

'Pepper is acting strange towards me lately... she must have something to do with this...'

'Sam figured that much as well... ' Loki replies.

'I'm going to take a look in her office tonight, together with Bucky... but Sam and Steve can't know... if she's willing to go as far as kill me then I wouldn't know what she would do to them...'

Loki pulls you into a hug. 'Be careful please...'

'I will...'

It's late when you walk through the front door of the big house, you let out a sigh of relief at the feeling. Sam chuckles at that, he understands the feeling of coming home just fine.

'That bad huh?'

You turn with a small smile. 'Yeah well... I've had to deal with a lot of emotions today... so I think the sigh is pretty justified...'

'Oh it's definitely justified... no judgement from me on that...' he walks you up the stairs, slowly coming to a halt at his own room.

He can read the hesitation all over your body. The small tremble is indication enough that you don't really be in a different room from him.

'I have arranged better locks for the window, also our room has a door to the other one... here...come in..' he nudged to the door and you follow him inside his room.

He moves over to a very familiar looking door and opens it. On the other side is your actual room. It settles you a little knowing that he's only a shout away.

'You want me to leave the door open?'

'You wouldn't mind?'

'Whatever makes you comfortable... you know that...'

You give him a watery smile. 'Thank you... for everything...'

'Of course...' he nods at you.

You turn to walk away but again hesitate. You turn to him and wrap your arms around him. He freezes for a second before returning the favor.

'We will get through this...' he whispers, his words make you choke up. 'You're safe with me...'

•••

'Bucky?' A small voice resonates from behind him, making him suck in a breath and turn around. 'What's going on princess?'

'I can't sleep...can I stay with you for a while? Everyone else is acting weird...' she yawns.

He chuckles slightly before picking her up and holding her in his arms as he moves over to his room. He pushes open the door and is greeted by Steve doing his last sweep of the room.

'I'll be right next door if you need me...'

'Yeah, okay..' he gives Steve a smile, fighting the urge to kiss his cheek as he passes by. 'Night...'

'Night Buck..' Steve replies, it makes Bucky's belly fill with butterflies when he hears it.

He can't wrap his head around that feeling, he has never felt this way with anyone after Sarah, could he really be in love with someone again?