The Kingdoms Heir (7) ❤️‍🔥 Royal!Bucky (end)

Song: Kris Bowers - As You Are (queen Charlotte) it's giving me so much ideas as I listen to this soundtrack.

Warnings: angst, fluff, Aurora being adorable.

•••

'Do you think she will like these flowers?' Aurora asks her father as they walk down the long path in the garden.

'I am certain she would've loved them...you know how much she did...'

Aurora holds a small bouquet of flowers, all kinds of colours. She holds onto James' hand, her little hand squeezing her fathers as they beat the beautiful headstone.

Aurora steps forward and lays the flowers down. It has become a ritual for them now. Every week they lay down a fresh bouquet of flowers as a reminder of who she was before.

You watch them from your chair. You sip on your tea and take a deep breath. This is something they should do with just the two of them. Remembering her mother must be tough for Aurora, you'd rather not make it harder for her.

So instead, after their ritual you wait for them at your usual spot in the garden. Already starting on the tea while you watch the pair.

Something Aurora does want your help with is picking out the flowers for her mother. Every week, just before the pair head off, you spend time with her in the garden, picking out the finest flowers.

You wiggle slightly into your seat. Ever since you've joined the castle family, you haven't been able to get used to the dresses. You blame it on the wound still healing but you can see the slight smirk on James' face whenever you mention the discomfort the dress brings, that you are lying.

'But you look so beautiful...' he'd say. And you'd have to agree, the clothes look beautiful.

You have the feeling however that the dress you're supposed to wear tonight, will leave him breathless.

'You should marry her father...' Aurora tells him as they walk back to you.

'What makes you say that, poppet?'

'You love her, do you not? You look at her like you used to look at mother..'

'How would you feel if I did?' He asks curiously. He always knew his daughter was smart and smitten with you, but this?

'I would like it very much... she looks at you the same you know?' She smiles brightly at her father.

'I would certainly hope so... perhaps I should ask her.. Hmm, then I will need your help, poppet.. but this must remain a secret...'

As they walk up to the table and sit down you can't help but notice a scheme unfolding in front of you. 'I do hope you are not plotting something against me..' you smile.

'We would never, sweeting..' he kisses your hand and you chuckle. 'Oh your charmer!'

Aurora giggles as she watches the scene in front of her unfold. After her mother she has never seen her father this happy with another woman. But she supposes since you two courted in the past, she can only imagine the love between you to have grown over the past few months.

Aurora manages to catch the eye of her father who gives his daughter a subtle wink. You caught it of course. But you'll keep that to yourself for now.

Who knew a child could mend so many things in your life. A broken heart, a deep scar left behind by your own child and a wound from a sword that saved the day.

You feel James' hand on yours. He gives you a subtle squeeze as he pays attention to his daughter going on and on about something she has learned.

'My oh my, flower! Do drink something so your throat will not run dry..' you chuckle at her enthusiasm.