I'll come back ❤️‍🔥 Bucky Barnes

Song; Trevor Morris - Brotherhood

Imagine; Bucky and you get ambushed and he doesn't make it. This is the aftermath.

Warnings: angst, fluff, angst, oh and did I mention angst? But like fluff is there you don't even have to squint. But yeah, character death, grieving.

This has been in my drafts for so long I don't even know if it makes sense but enjoy!

•••

You look over the lake and the mountains, for once in the past few months you feel calm, at peace. The nature here is beautiful. High up in the mountains, away from other people and surrounded by animals, it's therapeutic in a sense.

His death was tougher on you then you initially realized. They had to pry you away and it's safe to say that scarred everyone.

After he had his state funeral, you broke down in a way that was past grieving. You started doing more missions but caring less about safety to a point where Steve had to put a stop to it.

'I think it's best... after recent events, that you take a break for a couple of months-'

'So that's what we're calling it now?' You pant.

'Y/n..' Steve sighs.

'You're benching me...oh my god!' You curse out. 'Steve come on! This is the only thing keeping me from thinking about it and you have the guts to take it away!'

'This isn't healthy anymore!' He raises his voice to get through to you.

Lately he had to watch you fall apart completely. He may have lost his best friend but you, you lost your soulmate. And he expected you to grief, but it's getting to the point that he's not sure wether you're risking your life accidentally anymore. Besides, your rage takes its victims around the compound rapidly, multiple vases, mugs and windows have been scarred by your emotions.

'Everyone grieves differently Steve...'

'You're being reckless, I don't even know if it's an accident or not! I don't want you to end up like him too! I can't lose another friend... so I'm pulling you from those missions...'

'Please Steve, this is all I have left, I need to make them pay!'

'Y/n, I get that... I do... and they will but I need you to be able to focus and you can't... I know you've been struggling... you don't sleep, you don't eat a lot and you're having panic attacks all around...'

That's when you feel your tears breaking through like a dam. You miss him so much it hurts. And Steve is right, you need to grieve properly.

Tony suggested his cabin up in the woods for you to go to. Just until you're calmed down enough to be safe for yourself. You're not alone completely, Friday is at your disposal 24/7.

The avengers visit regularly but when they don't, You like to just sit outside, letting the cold seep into your skin. You close your eyes and just breathe in.

You hear the trees rustling in the wind, you feel the wind go over your cheeks, you hear animals and the rushing of the water near the cabin. And then a twig snaps.