Accidents happen pt. 2 ❤️‍🔥 Biker AU

Song: southstar - miss you.

Warnings: angst, fluff.

•••

'I'm so glad you're staying with me.. at least Brock won't be able to find you... I can't believe they let him out...'

'He's a man... his word is law and he also has friends at the police department... I'm just happy to be safe for a while.. so thank you...' you smile at Nat.

She wants to hand you a glass but you shake your head. 'Still no alcohol?' Natasha asks confused and you nod.

'More for me I guess.. I'll go fetch you a mocktail..'

'Thank you...' You smile at her as she walks to the kitchen of her apartment again.

Your eyes drift off to the window and you see some motorcycles lined up. Right in front if the entrance and you sigh before turning your head away.

'Just a precaution...'

'You told them... great.. no that's... that's awesome...' you sigh.

'I had to... for your protection, they won't come up and they won't bother us, it's just a precaution..'

'Sorry, I'm being difficult... you're just trying to protect me...'

'I get it... it's okay...' she sits down next to you on the couch and places an arm around you, pulling you against her. 'You don't deserve this...'

'You know, I don't even hate Brock more than I hate Steve right now, at least Brock had motive... I mean I get that it looked bad that I didn't respond.. I do but that's no reason to to act like a dick and destroy my Motorcycle...everyone knows you don't touch someone's bike..' you sigh.

'If Steve had known, Brock would be dead, you know that...'

'I do... trust me I know... but still.. I needed him so badly and I... I send so many messages to him but I was already blocked.. you guys are all I have and.. I knew he'd asked you all to block me...it's not your fault... and the fact that Brock is about to get away with it is even worse..'

'Hey... we will not let him, I promise.. we called Murdock and he's going to make sure he won't..' Nat assured you.

It stays quiet for a few minutes after that, the both of you just thinking about everything and nothing. Your gaze drifting outside to the group.

You keep getting drawn to him when you don't want to. You don't want to see that kicked puppy look of his. You don't want to see the sadness written all over him, not when you're supposed to be that person- hell!- not when you're the person who looks like that.

'You know, I wasted such good clothes that evening...' you miss and her eyes grow big. 'Oh no please don't tell me..'

'Yeah...I figured since it was our one year that I'd... wear the special set I bought with you... they had to cut it off...'

'I'll get you a new one-'

'Nat it's just lingerie...' you chuckle dryly.

'No, it wasn't and you know it..' she stands up and grabs her phone from the counter before sitting back down. She starts scrolling and all you do is smile.

Natasha and you weren't always this close, it actually started off as enemies. You two couldn't be in the same room or you'd be at each other's throats. Something changed however when she noticed you weren't after them, you just needed a family. Ever since that moment you have been inseparable, well at least until two weeks ago..

'So you were going to let him...'

'Yeah... seems stupid now...I don't know if I should be glad or not...that it didn't happen..'

'Look, I'm not taking his side in this I'm actually pretty angry at him but, he's not kidding when he says that he loves you... you're his entire world... he would've waited longer... if it wasn't for Brock I'm sure something would've happened.. not because he so desperately needs to get laid but because he wants to show you how much you mean to him...either way wouldn't have been a mistake..'

'Why didn't I just take the other route to the bowling alley...' you sigh. 'None of this would've happened...'

'If it didn't happen then something else would've Y/n, Brock is so caught up on you still... he would've made sure you got hurt, doesn't matter how much it pains me to say that...'

There's a knock on the door suddenly startling you both, Natasha immediately signals you to go out of the view from the door and you follow her command.

She peeks through the peephole and sighs. 'It's safe... just Bucky..' she opens the door and you chuckle slightly at his offended look.

'Just Bucky... I must've made you really angry... I'm sorry baby..' he mutters as he steps into the hallway.

'It's not me you need to apologise to, it's her...' she nudges her head towards you.

You've already sat down on the couch again, looking everywhere but towards Bucky.

'I'm truly sorry Y/n, I uh actually came to apologise anyway because I fucked up, not as much as Steve but still... and I'll have you know that Sam and I will pay for the repairs or a brand new bike.. your pick of course... we went too far..'

'Okay...that's uhm... nice of you...you're the expert on these bikes so... you take a look and tell me what's best to do...'

'Cool... yeah I'll do that.. again I'm really sorry...'

'Okay and your time in here is up, she might have cooled down from being angry at you but I am not so bye...'

'Natty come on... at least give me a kiss?' He pleads and you smirk a little. Bucky has always been a sucker for Natasha, they're like Gomez and Morticia.

You turn to look out of the window again, seeing the group still lined up and chatting away. You hear some giggling from Nat and Bucky before the door closes.
A few seconds later you see Bucky joining the group again.

Steve looks up, making you freeze up in your spot. His eyes bore into yours for a few seconds before you look away again, not wanting him to think you'd want to engage with him.

Your phone rings suddenly, you sigh as you pick it up and answer without thinking. 'Y/n..'

'Hey there sweetheart, glad to know you're okay..' your blood runs cold and Nat can clearly see the panic written all over your face.

'What do you want...'

'You, of course... and seeing how mad you are at mister perfect, that means I still have a chance...'

'You are insane...'

'Am I?'

'You were the one that drove into me at full speed...'

'I did it for you, you will not listen; and people who do not listen need to feel...you know that baby...'

'Stop it... leave me alone...'

'I don't think I will... tell your biker buddies they have one day to remove themselves from the premises.. or they will be dealt with as well... you've been very naughty Y/n...but don't worry, I'll get you in line again...'