Scared for nothing ❤️‍🔥 Avengers

Song: Maneskin -  the loneliest.

Imagine; your style is fighting like you have no morals, which makes them all scared of you.

Warnings: angst, a little fluff.

•••

You've noticed it more than you'd like to admit. Their stares whenever you watch back the mission tapes. The way they flinch whenever you're near.

You've experienced loneliness before but never did it hurt so much as it does right now. These people you consider friends.. they see you as a potential threat just because you do your job.

It's not entirely without reason, if it was you in their shoes, you wouldn't trust them to be your friends either. That however doesn't mean it doesn't make your heart hurt.

In your last team you weren't such a succes either. It's only because Fury believes you to be so damn good at your job that he decided to place you in this one, but the longer you're here, the more convinced you are that you're just not made to function within a team.

You can't exactly blame them, you're not exactly trusting towards them. But you have learned the hard way that no matter how much you try, people will always be scared of you no matter what.

Today was no different, getting back from a mission has never been this hard. You're glued to your seat while everyone is already up and out of the jet.

You look like a horror movie, you've got blood all over you, none of it is yours though. You've got some major injuries but all are on the inside of the body.

You stare ahead of you, to the plain, metal wall.
You sigh loudly while you think back to the second you got on the jet after you absolutely obliterated the opponent. It looked like a rampage.

Nobody met your gaze when you tried to make contact, Nobody even acknowledged the injuries. Out of everyone you're the one who was harmed most and yet they don't even care.

Heavy boots interrupt your pity party. They slam against the metal with each step, making your head shoot up. Again he flinches and this time it's evident on your face that it makes you sad that he does.

'Sorry I-'

'Stop.' You tell him. 'It's okay...'

He nods, a bit lost about what he should say to you. Or if he's even supposed to say anything to you.

'Are you okay?'

'Fine.. James, you don't have to pretend..'

'Pretend to what?' He sits down opposite of you.

'You do know that I notice you flinching.. just like the rest... don't worry.. I don't mind...'

'I can tell you're lying...' he mutters. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a cloth. He wants to hand it to you but you turn it down.

'Wouldn't want the team to think you helped me...I'm convinced they will shut you out as well...'

He reaches up and presses the rag to your cheek, he swipes it across and slowly but surely, the blood gets wiped off. Your head tilts to bury it in his hand.

'They don't hate you, you know...' it's almost like a whisper.

'They're scared of me... I mean... I would be scared of me too so I understand...' the disappointment is evident in your voice, it breaks his heart.

He knows that feeling, he knows the feeling of pretending to be okay with everything. The loneliness that follows the feeling of being hated is the worst, that's why he's here, he wants to change that.