Chapter 115

Matt's POV: Me and Gabby finished making our way to the beach with the kids, I smiled as we set up our towels as well as all of our toys, etc. that we brought. Once that was done, I put the surfboard that I brought in the sand and then looked at Gabby. Moving it so that it was covering her with some shade, I could already tell that she appreciated that I did that. "Thanks." I smiled when she said that and nodded as I watched the kids explore at the edge of the water. "You'd think after living here for a while that they would be okay with going in the water." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that before watching as I went to sit down next to her. She then looked up at me and smiled. "So listen, I want to talk about something." I agreed.

"About the kids or about us?" Gabby sighed as she looked at me. "You have no regrets about that call you made this morning right?" I looked at her when she asked me that and shook my head. "Hey, of course not Gabby. It's the right move for our family." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Good, that is how I feel too. I just wanted to make sure that we were on the same page when it came to that." I agreed with her and smiled at her. "Believe me when I say this Gabby, I have no regrets about resigning from the fire department. I want to be here with you and the kids more. That's why we moved here in the first place." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. I then moved to lean over her and smiled as I went to kiss her.

Gabby smiled when I did that and then went to push me off since we needed to relax. The kids were here and we had to watch them. "You know, I didn't want to bring this up because I thought it would be crazy but...I had a dream last night." I looked at her when she said that. "Oh did you now?" Gabby bit her lip. "You're not going to like it thought. Heck, I am not even sure why I am thinking about bringing this up. What I am think about is crazy." Looking at her, I went to go grab her hand and intertwined our fingers. "Gabby, talk to me." Gabby then sighed and looked at me. "I don't know why but...last night, I saw you quitting." I agreed with her. "So you predicted it?" Gabby sighed and agreed with me. "There was another reason though."

Going to get close to Gabby, I went to wrap my arm around her more because I could tell she was nervous. Sitting up, Gabby went to grab my hand and looked at me. "I have been having dreams recently." I looked at Gabby when she said that. "And my latest dream was you bringing the kids to the hospital with me in a hospital bed." I looked at her when she said that. "Were you sick or something?" Gabby shook her head when I asked her that. "No, I was fine. We all were." I nodded and agreed with her. "It was because I just gave birth to our 5th child." I got a little nervous when she said that. "Gabby, I don't want to say anything because I don't know what to say. But what you are talking about is insane. I mean, I love you but I am not sure if we could do it."

Gabby sighed and agreed with me. "However, did it go down without any problems? Like were you early or anything?" Gabby shook her head. "There was no complications. The baby was healthy and we were able to be released same day." I nodded when she said that. "Matt, I know what I am saying is crazy but...after what happened both times I gave birth, is it wrong for me to want that?" I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "I guess I am just worried. Gabby, I know that this isn't going to be an easy conversion." I then went to turn to look at the kids. Gabby obviously knew what I was trying to say and just sighed. "We need to think about the kids. With my age and having already had two hard pregnancies..." I agreed with her.

Going to grab her neck, I turned our heads and then went to kiss her softly. Putting her hand on mine, Gabby just took it slow with me as if she already understood what I was trying to say. "If it was just me and you Gabby, and the aneurysm was gone...that would be one thing. But we need to think about the kids. You already put your life on the line last time. What if something happens?" Gabby sighed when I said that but just agreed with me. "You're right." I then just looked into her eyes. "Gabby, we can talk about it okay? Honestly, I like the idea of being there from the start. However, it's also scary because of the fact that we have the kids this time." Gabby agreed with me when I said that before just cuddling up to me. "Are we talking about..."

I nodded. "Gabby, we have to talk about it now. But maybe not here. I don't want to shut it down right out of the gate but, you are talking about a big decision. Gabby, I just quit the fire department to work with your charity. First, we need to figure out whether we are even going to be able to get me a paid position. I hate to say this but, unless I can get a paid position...then I am just going to have to suck it up and go back there so that I can make money. Either that or we have to move back to Chicago. And I know you hate that idea. Gabby, we can't go broke." Gabby sighed and agreed with me when I said that. Going to kiss the side of her head, I just felt horrible because I knew that I was doing the same stuff that I did years ago before she left.

Gabby then decided to get up and smiled at me as she turned around. "You know what, we need to relax and just go have fun with the kids right now. How does that sound?" I laughed and agreed with her before going to get up with her. I then proceeded to go wrap my arms around her. "Listen, how about we agree to talk about it okay? I am not going to do the same mistake as last time...we are going to talk about it, but that is all I am going to promise okay? Remember, I can't get you pregnant until I have a surgery." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that before going to put her hand out. Going to grab it, I smiled as I proceeded to get up. Walking away with her, I smiled as we went to go join the kids in the water until we saw them run out.

"Hey, where are you guys going?" That's when we turned to see where they were running too and saw that they were running towards their uncle Antonio and aunt Christie.