Chapter 45

Matt's POV: After finishing a couple lessons on my course, I smiled as I stood in the kitchen to start making me and Gabby supper. This was going to be nice, just me and my girl relaxing together in our room. The kids were going to be in their nurseries tonight and my mom was coming over to help Camila take care of the kids overnight. I mean yes, me and Gabby could do the overnight stuff but...our moms insisted that we take the night as a date. And that started with me making Gabby some supper. However, right when I went to start...I heard the door.

Going to grab my phone, I went to go see who it was and just smiled when I saw it was my mom. I then went to unlock the door through an app I had on my phone and spoke to her. "Mom, you can come in. The door is unlocked." I just watched her jump and I could tell she was scared. Laughing a bit, I just shook my head when my mom came into the house. "Matthew, you keep laughing and you don't get my help with the babysitting." I agreed with her and just smiled as I turned around to walk over to her. "Hi mom." Taking off her shoes, she walked over to me. 

Going to hug her, I just smiled at her. "How are you going mom? Thanks again for coming here to help Camila. I am going to really enjoy this." She nodded and agreed with me. "You already set the kids up downstairs?" I smiled and agreed with her. "I just finished setting up their pack-n-plays right before I started supper for me and Gabby. However, I also have a nice meal for you and Camila to share being cooked in the oven. Me and Gabby are going to eat down here. Camila is going to sleep in her room downstairs...so you are in the guest bedroom on the top floor."

That's when I heard Camila come upstairs. "I can show her to her room if you want Matt." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "I'd appreciate that. I am so sorry you are going to have to go up 3 floors to help with the kids overnight." Camila shook her head when my mom decided to speak up. "Honestly, I don't mind sharing a bed with Camila for the night. We can talk easier...that and we don't want to disturb you guys." I nodded and smiled when my mom said that. "Thanks mom, that sounds great." Camila then looked at her. "I have cards if you want."

My mom agreed with her. "We are going to be great friends." I smiled and agreed with her. "Then listen, we are going to need to bring the kids upstairs eventually. Maybe you can give us a hand? Gabby is going to have to give them one last feeding before our date." That's when I heard Gabby come downstairs in her robe. "Exactly what I Was thinking. Then, we won't be disturbed." I smiled as I turned to look at her and just smiled at her robe. "I wouldn't mind if you stayed in that tonight." Gabby laughed when I said that. "Nice try. But yes, can you both stay upstairs?"

My mom nodded and smiled. "I promise, we won't disturb you guys. We will even listen to music." Walking over to me, my mom then came to hug me and just smiled. "Now, where are the kids?" Gabby then smiled at them. "Matt, we can leave the pack-n-plays set up downstairs. They can use their cribs tonight." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "Oh mom, just to let you know...you are going to hear the shower early tomorrow. I have meetings tomorrow starting at 9 am." My mom nodded and smiled. "By the way, congratulations sweetie."

I just laughed and smiled when she said that. "Thanks mom." Watching her walk over to me, I went to hug her again and then went to kiss her cheek. "I am going to keep making supper okay Gabby? How about you help set up our moms in the guest bedroom upstairs and then you can get ready okay? I am okay wearing this right?" Gabby nodded and smiled as she walked over to me. Putting her hand on my back, she went to kiss my cheek and just smiled at me. "Of course you are Matt. Just take a breath and relax okay? This is going to be a great night."

I nodded and agreed with her. "Expect to be pampered. We can take a bath too if you want." Gabby smiled and agreed with me. "Sound good. Can you call my brother though?" I looked at her when she said that. "Why?" Gabby laughed. "He'll call us if he tries to reach my mom and can't. I would rather not be disturbed when my husband is giving me a nice massage in bed." I smiled and agreed with her when she said that. "Promise. Now, go upstairs and wear that night dress that we both know I like." Gabby smiled and agreed with me. "I am pumping still."

I nodded and agreed with her. "C'mon moms, I will show you to your room." Camila smiled when Gabby said that. However, my mom decided to stay with me. "Go ahead, I will be right up. I want to talk to Matt quickly." Gabby nodded and agreed with my mom when she said that, going to lead her mom upstairs. However, I was a little perplexed as to why my mom wants to walk to me. "What's up mom?" Going to walk over to the fridge, I went to grab the cream as well as some spices for the food. My mom then smiled. "It's about tomorrow." I nodded when she said that.

"Mom, I am not going into work yet. Nothing to worry about." My mom then laughed. "I was just thinking. If you wanted me to stay and help Gabby with the kids...I am open to it." I turned to look at my mom when she said that before smiling. "Honestly mom, that sounds great. I mean, if you don't have anything better to do tomorrow." My mom shook her head when I asked her that. "Matt, I wouldn't have offered if I had something to do tomorrow. I want to help. Matt, I didn't want to say anything but...I want you to let me be around here more." I looked at her, confused.

She then took a breath before going to lean against the counter. "Listen, I get you are first time dad and you want to enjoy this. But, even though Violet is much older...in a way, I'm a..." I looked at her when she said that and started to understand what she was trying to say. "You are first time grandmother and you don't want to miss this." She just took a breath and sighed. "I didn't want to say anything because I understood that Gabby would want her mom here since it's normal but..." I just shook my head and walked over to her. I then went to hug her and smiled.

"Mom, you give us a call whenever you want to come over...and we will try and have you over as much as possible. I am so sorry that I didn't think about that when we asked Camila to move in. I promise though mom, you can always come over and help Gabby. I love you mom and you are welcome here." My mom smiled when I said that before hugging me. "Thanks Matt. Now, I am not saying I want to live here but..." I nodded and smiled. "Mom, you come whenever you want okay?" My mom smiled and agreed with me before going to walk away to go upstairs.

Meanwhile, I just took a breath and sighed. I then started to think whether we asked the wrong mom to move in here with us.