Chapter 15

90 Minutes Later - Casey Home:
Matt's POV: As I walk into the kitchen after finishing up with putting the girls down for a nap in their nurseries rather than our room, I came down to see Gabby washing some of the bottles that we just used to feed the kids. We haven't really spoken since we left the firehouse and I hoped that would change now that we were alone. Her mom gave us the afternoon while she went back to her place. Apparently, she kept it for when we asked her to move out eventually. Walking up behind Gabby, I went to wrap my arms around her waist and just held her close.

"Gabby, you okay?" Gabby sighed when I asked her that before turning around in my arms to look at me. Stepping close to her, I just held her close to me before putting my hand on her cheek. "Talk to me Gabby." Gabby nodded as she looked up at me. "Matt, you already know what most of this is about. I mean, what we are talking about is scary." I nodded and agreed with her before going to kiss her softly. "I know. But, how about we not talk about this in the kitchen? We can go lay down in bed and I can hold you in my arms while you relax. We are alone."

Gabby then came to wrap her arms around my neck and I could tell that this hug was not just a normal hug. She was scared and this was her way of telling me. "You want me to carry you upstairs babe? We can lay down in bed and I can get you undressed like you promised." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Still hate that you got undressed without me." Going to pick Gabby up, I smiled as I went to wrap her legs around my waist and then went to kiss her softly. Grabbing her phone, Gabby went to wrap her arms around my neck as she kissed me.

"We are still talking when we are in bed." I nodded and agreed with Gabby when she said that, smiling because this is exactly what I want to be doing right now. Carrying Gabby towards the stairs I smiled as I went to carry her upstairs quickly because of how much I wanted her. "Sorry if I am rushing." Gabby smiled when I said that. "As long as you know we are not having sex...then I am okay with you rushing me upstairs. I am ready to cuddle up to you while listening to the baby monitor." I laughed and agreed with her when she said, smiling when we got up to our floor.

When Matt & Gabby are upstairs in their room:
Carrying her towards our bed, I smiled at her before going to lay her down and just smirking at her. I then leaned over her and just smiled as I went to grab her neck and kissing her softly. "I love you." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that. "Then take off my dress...and we can cuddle with your shirt off too. Sorry, I want to celebrate my new ring. But, not with sex yet. We can cuddle right now." I nodded and agreed with Gabby when she said that. Backing up, I proceeded to take off my shirt just like she wanted me to do. I then went to set it aside.

Looking up at me, Gabby went to roll over onto her stomach for me and I just smirked as I went to go undo her dress

Looking up at me, Gabby went to roll over onto her stomach for me and I just smirked as I went to go undo her dress. Going to help her take it off, I just smirked when I tugged it down to reveal the sexy lingerie that she was wearing. "Oh, now this isn't fair!" Gabby smirked when I said that before rolling over onto her back. She then went to get up and smiled as she went to grab her dress from me. "Get in bed and relax. I will come join you in a minute okay?" I nodded and agreed with her, doing as I was told while she walked away to her closet.

"So, you like the new wedding ring that I got for you?" Gabby laughed when I asked her that. "Yeah, I do. It's gorgeous babe." I smiled when she said that, leaning against my pillow while looking at Gabby in her closet. "I thought of you when I saw it. I then just customized it and it was the perfect ring for my wife." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that before coming to walk out of the closet so that she could join me in bed. Setting my phone on my side table, I watched as Gabby did the same. Opening the covers, Gabby joined me in our bed.

Putting my hand out, I smiled as I motioned for Gabby to come close to me. Doing just that, Gabby came to cuddle up to me and just smiled as she grabbed my hand. Intertwining our fingers, I smiled at Gabby. "Gabby, something is bothering you. What's up babe?" Gabby sighed as she looked at me. "Matt, I want to just talk in hypotheticals right now. I don't want to say this is how I am feeling but...I think we need to put a pause on making any big decisions right now." I was confused when she said that. "Gabby, what's wrong babe? And don't say nothing."

Gabby just sighed and looked at me. "Let me just say that I really didn't expect to feel the way I am feeling okay Matt?" I nodded when she said that, starting to get concerned. Feeling Gabby slip close to me in bed, I went to put my hand on her hip to show her that I am here for her. "Gabby, talk to me okay? I am here for you...I always will be." Gabby sighed when I said that. "Matt, I really hate to say this but...I am starting to have second thoughts about some of the choices we have made over the past few months."

Looking at Gabby when she said that, I could literally feel my heart break into a million pieces. "What?"