Chapter 25

An Hour Later with Matt & Gabby:
Matt's POV: As I walk into the master bathroom while wearing a towel around my waist, I smile as I hold Matteo in my arms and go to kiss his head. He was currently naked in my arms since I was about to take a shower with him in my arms. I read about this and I thought it'd be a nice thing to do to try and bond with Matteo. Plus, he is starting to really like the water recently. Staring at Gabby in our bath, I smiled at her. "Well, the girls are fast asleep in their cribs." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "That sounds great. You showering with thim?"

I nodded when Gabby asked me that. "Why, would you rather we both join you in the bath?" Gabby bit her lip when I asked her that. "That does sound tempting to tell you the truth." I smiled and agreed with her. "It does, doesn't it?" Walking over to her, I moved to lean over her and then went to kiss her softly. "I will take a shower with him okay? When you are done, we can put the boys in bed...then we can put new hot water in the bath, and I can hold you in my arms while we relax together. You deserve it Gabby. We have both been under a lot of stress."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Are we going to talk more about what I mentioned earlier or are you okay with us not talking about it?" I sighed when she asked me that before going to sit down on the edge of the bath. "I am going to leave it up to you okay Gabby? If you want to talk about it, then we will. But if you don't...then we can drop it and we can move on with planning the new life we are going to be starting soon with the kids." Going to grab her hand, I just smiled at her. "You know what, slip over. We are joining you." Gabby then bit her lip.

"You sure?" I nodded and smiled. "Nothing like holding my wife and our boys in my arms." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that, seemingly loving the idea of me and Matteo joining her in the bath. I then proceeded to take off my towel and just smiled at her. "Plus, you are going to have to feed Matteo eventually." Gabby nodded and just agreed with me as I set my towel down on the edge of the bath. Once that was done, I stepped in with her and just smiled as I went to sit opposite her so that we we facing each other. "Oh, you aren't going to..."

I shook my head when Gabby asked me that

I shook my head when Gabby asked me that. "That's for when we are are alone in the bath. Right now, we have our boys in here with us." Going to cuddle up to Matteo as I went to kiss the top of his head before running some water up his body. Gabby then put her hand out for me to grab and just smiled at me. "I like that we are doing this. This is nice, relaxing and it just gives us time to talk." I nodded and agreed with her. "While we are facing each other. So, what do you want to talk about?" Gabby just sighed as she looked at me. "I guess...Puerto Rico." I bit my lip.

"Matt, I want to make sure that what you are saying is truly the case. You promise that you would be happy there and not have any regrets?" I sighed and just looked at her when she asked me that. "Do I have a free pass to speak freely? Without any retribution?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that. "Of course baby." I just sighed and looked at her. "I guess the part that is really making it hard is...I also saw me and Severide's kids joining 51 together...and then I mentor my son, while he mentors his son as our candidates." Gabby nodded and agreed with me.

"Matt, we just made this decision this morning. Do you think we rushed it?" I sighed because I didn't want to feel that way, I really didn't but...that is exactly how I feel. "Gabby, we just bought this place. But I hate that you are struggling here. So, no....I don't regret it because I want you to be happy. I am just thinking about the reality. Gabby, we need to really talk about this because we are talking about 4 kids in a place that is still recovering. Do we need to buy clothes months in advance? Do we need to stock up on diapers? What is the current shipment rate?"

Gabby agreed with me when I said that. "I guess I didn't even think about that." I then sighed. "Gabby, I get you want to just make this decision fast but...it's not that easy. I guess what I am looking for is a sign as whether we should move to Puerto Rico...or if we should stay here? I mean, we just bought this place Gabby. This is a dream house. It's exactly what we need for our kids." I then went to rub Matteo's back with some water when he made some noises. "Yeah, you want daddy's attention more than you want him to give it to mommy." I then kissed his head.

Gabby smiled when I did that. "Gabby, I love you and at the end of the day...I want to make you happy." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "And I want you to be happy Matt. I am happy if I am with you and the kids. Whether that be here in Chicago, or in Puerto Rico...I don't care. I want you in my life as my husband. By the way, this ring might need to be readjusted." I agreed with her when she said that. "We can do that then. And I want you to know that we will figure this out. What do you say tomorrow we talk about this? Stay in bed."

Gabby smiled and just nodded when I said that. "A bunch of time to cuddle up to my wonderful husband and all of our kids." I smiled and agreed with her when she said that. "Let's just wash the boys here." Going to kiss Matteo's forehead, I smiled at him before rubbing his back. "You getting tired buddy? You want to go sleep don't you?" Gabby just smiled when I did that. "Tomorrow morning, with the girls?" I nodded and smiled when Gabby asked me that. "That sounds perfect. But during the boys' nap." Gabby just smiled as we kept washing the boys.

Laying my head back, I smiled as I actually got quite comfortable in the bath because it was ideal. Nothing better than just spending a bit of time here with my wife and our boys.