Chapter 84

An hour later, post-nap:
Matt's POV: As I finish packing up my bags, I sigh considering we forgot about a meeting we had at our place with Hermann. Apparently, we were supposed to have at meeting at our place (why?) related to Molly's. Whatever, I am not going to argue with him considering this is our business we are talking about. Watching Gabby come out of the shower, I still hate the fact that she didn't let me get in so that I could help her with her hair and back. "Still hate that you took the shower alone." Gabby looked at me when I said that. "Shut up, we can take a bath later."

I smiled when she said that. "Okay, the proper way to phrase that is not 'we can'...the way you phrase it is 'we are' taking a bath tonight. Sorry but, you owe me." Gabby looked at me when I said that. "This is my first romantic time away with you in months, and I paid for a room upgrade for 2 nights." Gabby looked at me when I said that and smiled at me. "You paid for a room upgrade?" I nodded when Gabby asked me that. Walking over to me, Gabby came to wrap her arms around me and just smiled as she kissed me softly. "I love you." I nodded and agreed.

Going to kiss her forehead, I smiled at her. "I love you too and I am so glad that we at least took a night alone to be together. We need to do that every once and awhile." Gabby smiled when I said that before leaning up and going to look at me. "Oh definitely." Going to put her hand on my cheek, Gabby went to kiss me and just smiled. "I love you." I smiled and agreed with Gabby when she said that. "I love you too. Now listen, we need to get out of here. You want me to get your jacket?" Gabby smiled and agreed with me, watching as I went to grab her jacket.

Giving Gabby her jacket, I smiled as I went to help her put it on. Once that was done, I smiled as Gabby turned around to face me. "Can we do it up or is it too tight?" Gabby smiled when I asked her that. "Let's do it up." I smiled and agreed with her before going to zip up her jacket. Once that was done, I proceeded to grab my jacket and then put it on.

 Once that was done, I proceeded to grab my jacket and then put it on

Once my jacket was on, I smiled as I went to do it up. Smiling at Gabby, I walked over to the bed to grab our bags. Putting them over my shoulder, I smiled at Gabby and then went to grab my keys, phone and wallet. Putting them in my coat pocket, I smiled as I walked over to Gabby and then put my hand on her stomach. "Sorry our time together got cut short." Gabby shook her head and smiled as she kissed me softly. Going to wrap my arms around her, I smiled as I just took it slow with her. "It's okay baby. Anyways, I miss the kids. Always do after a while."

I smiled and agreed with Gabby when she said that before going to kiss her forehead softly. "Listen, let's get going okay?" Gabby nodded and smiled as I went to grab her hand and led her out of the hotel room. Leading her away, I smiled because this was exactly what we need. We needed to get time away but now it's all good. Going to lead her down the hall, I smiled as we prepared to head home. However before we could do that...I got another text message from Boden. 'Severide, T-boned, Rushed to Med in Ambo 61.' I got scared when I saw that.

Going to look at Gabby, I got scared. "Gabby, you are going to have to miss the kids a little longer. I need to go to the hospital." Gabby looked at me when I said that. "What happened?" I just bit my lip and got scared. "Severide got T-boned." Gabby jumped and just got scared when I said that. "Give me the keys, I am driving you to the hospital. You are not driving. Call Antonio and tell him that he is going to have to watch the kids longer. Call Jay and tell him that he can leave their kids with our parents. He needs to be there with Erin they are friends."

I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. Going to grab my phone, I proceeded to go call Jay so that I could tell him and Erin. Meanwhile, Gabby just led me away so that we can go to the hospital. Hitting his number, I just waited for him to answer when he did. "Jay." Jay then went to speak to me. "Matt, what's u..." I then went to tell him. "Severide just got into a car accident. T-boned. Rushed to Med in Ambo. I know Erin is friends with him." Jay agreed with me when I said that. "Thanks, thanks Matt. I appreciate this. We will join you at the hospital."

I then went to tell him about his kids. "You can leave your kids at our place okay? I will call my mom and tell them okay?" Jay agreed with me. "Thanks, I will call my brother and tell him that we want him on the case." I agreed with him and agreed. "Just get your kids to our place." He agreed with me and I went to hang up. I then went to go call my mom. Waiting for her to answer as me and Gabby arrived at the elevator, I went to push the button to go down and then proceeded to push the lobby button when I made sure that Gabby was there. 

Once I knew she was there, I went to grab her hand and heard my mom. "Matt." I took a breath. "Mom, listen. My best friend Kelly just got into a car accident." She got scared when I said that. "Oh dear. I am so sorry."  I agreed with her when she said that. "Our neighbors are good friends with him as well. They have triplets. I told them that you can watch them. Can you call Christie and ask her to talk to Gabby's brother? Tell him that Severide was in a car accident and that Erin is going. Say you need help with watching their kids." My mom agreed with me. "Sure, I will."

I then took a breath and just smiled. "Thanks mom, I promise to keep you up to date." She agreed with me. "He's in my thoughts." I smiled and agreed with her before going to hang up. I then went to look at Gabby and went to rub her back to keep her calm. "Take breaths for me okay Gabby?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me as we stood together, really scared of what is going to happen at the hospital. However, what we didn't know was while this accident hit close to home since he was my best friend....the aftermath of this would hit even closer to home.