Chapter 20

Meanwhile, next door with Jay & Erin:
Jay's POV: As I come out of the shower after taking a run with Roxy, I smiled as I came out to see Erin sitting in bed while resting. With her being 27 weeks pregnant with twins, our doctor has recommended that we keep her on bedrest. She is due to give birth on October 8th and I could just see that she was worried with every passing day. She was ready to get the kids out of there to try and avoid what happened to Matt and Gabby. But unfortunately, the kids had to stay in there longer. Walking over to the bed, I smiled at her while going to grab my phone. "Erin?"

Erin then turned to look at me. "Hey, you say something?" I shook my head. "Just trying to bring you back to reality." Erin laughed and smiled when I said that. "Yeah, thanks." I smiled when she said that. "It's no problem." Going to look at my phone, I saw that I got a text message from Matt.

'Hey, we are making a bunch of extra food. Too much for just our family. You want to come over?'

Looking up at Erin, I decided that this was just the distraction that we needed right now. "Hey, have we figured out what we are doing for supper tonight?" Erin looked up at me when I asked her that. "Why?" I smiled when she asked me that. "Well, we have plans with the Caseys."

Erin looked at me when I said that. "We do?" I nodded and smiled. "Matt says that they have a bunch of extra food. He says it's too much for just their family...he then invited us over. I bet that Antonio and his girlfriend/Matt's sister are going to be there too." Erin nodded when I said that because she knew that was probably going to be the case as well. "Well, it does sound tempting." I smiled and agreed with her when she said that. I then decided to go sit down next to her. "And it would clear your head. Erin, you are worrying way too much for being pregnant."

Erin agreed with me when I said that and just sighed. "You are right and I need to just relax with the worries that I have. It might screw something up with the pregnancy." I nodded. "Maybe a bit of time with our friends and their cute kids will do the trick Erin. You can talk to Gabby about these worries you have. I am sure that she must've felt the same way while she was pregnant...or even worse based on what we know." Erin nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "God, you are so right. I still can't believe that she went ahead with the pregnancy. She is crazy!"

I nodded and agreed with Erin when she said that. "She did it for her husband though." Erin nodded when I said that. "By the way, have you put in anymore thought about us moving?" I nodded when she asked me that. "Yeah, I have. And we still need to talk about it. We have to figure out where still." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "Somewhere warm. As much as I love Chicago in the winter with the snow..." Erin and me then both said the last part together. "I think it's time we switch things up and move somewhere warm for the winter!"

We both laughed and smiled as I went to go sit down next to Erin on our bed. Moving my hand to her stomach, I smiled at her before going to kiss her softly. "I love you and I just want what's best for us okay? If that's not living here...then that is what we are going to do. And I don't care what Hank says. What is important here is making sure that we are happy in life." Erin nodded and agreed with me when I said that. That's when she started to feel the babies kick. Grabbing my hand, Erin brought it to her stomach and I just smiled while going to sit down next to her.

Getting close to me, Erin went to wrap her arms around me while I kept my hand on her stomach. Looking down at her, I just smiled at her before going to kiss her softly. "I love you." Erin smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "I love you too Jay." I smiled when she said that, holding her close to me as we just relaxed in bed for a minute. "You know I mean it when I say that I don't mind leaving Chicago right Jay? If this is bad for your health...then we need to leave so that you can heal with your PTSD." I nodded and agreed with her. "Where though?"

Erin shrugged. "Right now, we just need to concentrate on having our kids for now. We can figure out where over time." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. Looking down into Erin's eyes, I smiled at her because of how gorgeous she looked while laying down in my arms. Leaning down, I went to kiss her softly and just smiled as we took it slow with each other. "Tonight?" Erin nodded when I asked her that and just smiled as she tugged on my shirt a bit. Kissing her slowly (again)...I just smiled because this was the life. A bunch of time alone.

"Time to get up now. Get changed and then we can make our way to Matt and Gabby's place. We need to go spend some time with our friends." Erin nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Going to give her one last kiss, I smiled at her when she got out of bed. Watching her walk away to the shower, I just smiled at her. "Want me to go get your bottle ready and you can just come join me downstairs? We can leave right away?" Erin turned to look at me as she went to grab her towel. "Sounds good. Can you make sure to put her out one more time. We don't need a mess."

I nodded and agreed with her. "Tonight, we talk more about where we want to move?" Erin nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "New York?" I laughed and shook my head. "Not a chance." Erin nodded and agreed with me when I said that, walking away to go take a shower. Meanwhile, I looked down at Roxy. "C'mon girl, let's go to the washroom so that we can make our way to our friend's house." Roxy nodded and agreed as she got up and started to make her way downstairs ahead of me. Meanwhile, I went to grab my phone and wallet to visit our friends.