September 2nd, 2020

Matt's POV: As I stand in the kitchen the morning after accepting the position of Battalion Chief, I smile because Gabby is currently in the midst of sitting down on the counter right in front of me while just wearing her bathrobe and lingerie. Bringing her body against mine, I smiled at her while the kids continued to sleep after an early morning feeding. While we did celebrate this last night...I wanted to celebrate a bit more with her before the kids woke up. This is a big deal for me and I wanted her to know just how much I appreciate this. I was all set to leave Chicago for Puerto Rico...but the CFD pulled me back in by dangling this position of Battalion Chief. Me and Gabby both knew it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I couldn't pass up. It was a big deal.

God, just kissing her slowly is really turning me on. "Gabby, you know that you agreeing to stay here means the world to me right. This is my dream job...and for you to do this for me, it's something I am not going to forget." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "I know Matt, I know that. And I am never going to regret letting you live your dream. Matt, I got to do it for a couple years by volunteering in Puerto Rico. You need to live your independent dream now...and we need to also live our dream together. Matt, we have a family, we have everything we have ever wanted. And now, I have a way to keep you safe for the rest of your career at the CFD. That is all I need to know this is exactly the right more for us. I have no regrets babe, I promise."

I smiled when she said that before going to put her hand on my arm. That's when I heard my phone ring and I went to read the name. It was Battalion Chief Patterson from the 26th Battalion. Looking at Gabby, I smiled at her. "I have to take my first call as Battalion Chief." Gabby nodded and agreed with me as I went to back up. Answering my phone, I went to lean against the counter and smiled. "Good morning Chief Patterson." Patterson then went to speak to me. "Sorry if it's early but...I just read on my morning briefing from Deputy District Chief Boden that you have accepted the position as the Battalion Chief for the 25th? Is that true Matt?" I laughed when he asked me that. "Yes, I just accepted that position last night after Boden got promoted."

That's when I heard the kids through the baby monitor and I sighed. Getting up off the counter, Gabby came to put her hand on my cheek. Stroking it with her thumb, she kissed me quickly and just smiled. "I got them. You talk to your new co-worker." I nodded and smiled as I watched her walk away before going to slap her butt. Gabby just stared at me when I did that and I smirked. "You walked right into that one babe!" She just laughed and shook her head while I went back to my conversation with Chief Patterson. "Who was that Matt?" I smiled. "My wife Gabby. Remember her?" Patterson agreed. "Right, the PIC on 61." I agreed. "And the mother of our Quadruplets." Patterson seemed shocked. "I heard the rumors but, it's true. Casey quads?"

I agreed with him and smiled. "Matteo, Noah, Hannah and Emma. They are 3 months old." Patterson agreed with me. "I am so glad it went better this time around. I remember how heartbroken you were last time Gabby was pregnant and it didn't turn our great." I agreed with him. "Yeah, it almost went that bad this time as well but...it's great. They are all healthy and don't have any defects that we are aware of so far." He agreed with me when I said that. "Well, that is great to hear. So, how are you feeling after you accepted the title of Chief?" I laughed. "I am a little nervous. Boden has a reputation to live up to. Have any tips for me." Patterson laughed. "Listen to your Captains and Lieutenants. They know the day-to-day operations."

I agreed with him. "Speaking from experience, I get what you mean. But, how do you get used to not being in control of a vehicle on a day-to-day basis." Patterson agreed with me when I asked him about that. "Honestly, you have to do it your way. I found it really hard at first....but then you realize that you are technically in control of all of your vehicles...as well as those from other firehouses." I agreed with him when he said that. "Yeah, that is going to be different...being in charge of 4 firehouses rather than just 1 firehouse as the Captain." He agreed with me when I said that. "Who are you going to appoint to be your new Captain at 51?'" I bit my lip when he asked me that. "I was thinking Severide. He is next in line after me. Maybe we can surprise him."

Patterson agreed with me. "I can submit anything you want to help push the case." I laughed. "I don't think he's going to need much pushing. You do know his dad is Benny Severide right?" Patterson then realized that. "Now I recognize the name. And their personalities." I agreed with him. "Yeah. By the way, you staying safe during COVID?" He agreed with me. "Yeah, how are you doing it with young kids?" I sighed when he asked me that. "Staying put. I am going to wait until the new year to become Battalion Chief. They are too young for me to start right now." Patterson understood. "You have to do the courses still anyways. Believe me when I say this, do not leave them to the last minute. Learned that the hard way when I was appointed Chief of the 26th."

I agreed with him when he said that. "I think that is why Boden told me ahead of time, he probably knew I would ask to delay it until the new year." He agreed with me. "Yeah, that makes sense." That's when I heard my call waiting. Going to see who it is, I saw it was Severide. "Listen Patterson, I'll talk to you another time. I need to talk to my new Squad Lieutenant...maybe future Captain." Patterson agreed with me and just laughed. "Congratulations again Chief Casey."

I smiled when he said that before going to end our call and going to answer Severide's call. "Hello?" Severide then went to yell. "WHAT'S THIS ABOUT YOU REPLACING BODEN AS THE NEW BATTALION CHIEF FOR THE 25TH BATTALION!!!" I just laughed when he said that.