Baby Casey #5

Matt's POV:
As I picked up the pregnancy test when the alarm went off, I felt Gabby wrap her arms around my waist and nuzzle her head into the crook of my neck. She didn't know the result yet and I could tell she was worried. "God, I love that I was here this time around." Saying that, I watched as Gabby turned her head and then went to look at the test results. We then both started to tear up and I just smiled as I held Gabby close to me. Going to rub her arm, I just went to kiss her forehead before leaning back and going to hold her close to me. "God, I love you."

Gabby just laughed and smiled when I said that. Going to kiss her forehead again, I shook my head because I was truly in disbelief. "God, this is just crazy." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Looking up at me, Gabby went to kiss me softly and smiled at me. "We can do this Matt, we can do 5 kids." I nodded and smiled at her. "Lucky for you, I am done going into fires." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "However, just know that...if it gets to be too overwhelming babe, we can leave Chicago and go to Puerto Rico." Gabby smiled.

"Matt, I want to do the pregnancy here. I want to be here with our friends and family to do it all this time. I want to tell people together, I want to do the baby shower here. I want to do it all except give birth early. Sorry but, I want to give birth on time." I smiled and agreed with her before going to wrap my arms around her. "And we are going to do it all together this time. I'm here from the start this time baby. I get to watch your stomach grow during the entire pregnancy." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "God, I love that idea babe."

Gabby just smiled when I said that. "Listen, as much as I want to celebrate this...we both know that you need to calm down so you don't spill the beans. You have 100 minutes until your meeting." I nodded and agreed with her whens he said that. Going to kiss her forehead, I smiled because I was still in disbelief of the fact that Gabby was pregnant with another one of our children.  And this time, I was here to witness the test. "Okay, so we taking a bath or are we going to be taking a shower?" Gabby looked up at me and smiled. "Can we take a shower?"

I nodded and agreed with her. "As long as I get to hold you in my arms with my hand on your stomach, yes. By the way...I am not letting you out of my sight in the new year. You are going to come to the house with me whether you like it or not. I am not leaving you here." Gabby just laughed and smiled when I said that. "By the way, you do know what this means right?" I looked at her when she said that. "No, what?" Gabby then bit her lip and sighed. "Matt, maybe you should go into shift today. Talk to Boden and tell him that you need the money."

I bit my lip when she said that and understood. "Do you want to tell him that I am pregnant? That way he understands why I need to star now?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that. "Maybe today can be your first shift of shadowing?" I nodded and smiled when she said that. "It is our shift today. However, I would be back tonight. Heck, maybe you can come in with me babe. You can hang out in my office and we can trust people with the kids. Gabby, I promise the house will be safe for them." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "I love that idea."

I smiled at her. "So, you want me to call Boden and say we are all coming for the shift? Heck, maybe we can sleep there tonight. I can do shadowing or be the Battalion Chief." Gabby smiled when I asked her that. "Go call Boden. Tell him that we need to talk and that you need to work starting now." I nodded and agreed with her. "You need to come with me though. I am not leaving you alone with 4 kids." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "Get the job babe!" I agreed with her and smiled as I went to walk away so that I could call Boden. "I'll join you!"

Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Walking away, I smiled at the fact that we were expecting our 5th child together. "We have to tell Boden right babe?" Gabby agreed. "Of course Matt. Do it now so he understands." I smiled and agreed with her, proceeding to go grab my phone once I was in our bedroom so that I could call Boden. Going to find his contact, I went to call it and just smiled. That's when he answered. "Matt? A little early for you." I laughed when he said that. "Actually Boden, this isn't going to be early anymore. I actually need a favor."

"You need some cash?" I bit my lip and then went to go tell him. "Uhm, we are expecting number 5." I then heard a quiet silence on the other end of the line. "Wow, congratulations to you both." I agreed with him. "So, I will need another paternity leave next year....and I am going to need to start working like now rather than later because I need the money bad." He agreed with me and smiled. "Then how about you come in for your first shift as Battalion Chief? I will be here to help you." I agreed with him and smiled. "Uhm, can Gabby and the kids come with me?"

He responded enthusiastically when I said that. "YES! Bring those kids in with you so that we can hold them. We are being safe here Matt, I promise. Don't worry about being late." I agreed with him and smiled. "Now, I am Battalion Chief right? You aren't in charge?" Boden agreed with me. "No, now get ready for your first day as Battalion Chief Casey." I agreed with him and smiled. "See you soon Boden." Going to hang up, I just smiled because this was incredible. Me and Gabby are expecting our 5th child together....and today was my first day as Battalion Chief.

Going to make my way into the washroom, I saw my gorgeous wife standing there in the shower. She was basically begging me to join her and I was not going to disappoint. Going to get in the shower with her, I smiled as I went to take off my towel before opening the door and getting it. Moving to stand right behind her, I smiled as I went to put my hands on her stomach. 

Gabby's POV:As I felt Matt join me in the shower, I smiled when I felt him put his hands on my stomach and kiss my shoulder

Gabby's POV:
As I felt Matt join me in the shower, I smiled when I felt him put his hands on my stomach and kiss my shoulder. God, I loved this man so much and he is such a great father. "Battalion Chief Casey will be reporting for duty this morning." I smiled when he said that before turning around to look at him. Going to wrap my arms around his neck, I went to kiss him and just smiled. Moving his arms around me, I smiled as we took it slow with each other. "God, I am so happy that we are pregnant. I am going to be here for it all this time and I love that idea." I nodded.

"I want to wait a little while before we tell the firehouse." I shook my head when Matt said that. "Not a chance, we are going to tell them so that they keep you EXTRA safe. I know you aren't going into fires but..." Matt just nodded and agreed with me, going to kiss me once again. "God, I love you so much and I am so ready to have another baby with you." I smiled and agreed with him when he said that, going to put my hands on his back as I kissed him slowly. "Promise me that you are going to be safe." Matt nodded and just smiled as he kissed me softly. "I promise."

I smiled and agreed with Matt when he said that. "I mean it Matt, this is the first time you are going back to shift since I got here pregnant. I know it's been 6 months but...I am going to be scared. Promise me." Matt nodded and agreed with me, stepping close to me before going to kiss me. Moving to pick me up in his arms, Matt put his hands on my stomach and smiled as he pushed me against the shower wall. Bending down, he went to kiss my neck and just smiled as he gave me some pleasure. "I promise okay babe? I am here for you....I always will be."

I nodded and agreed with Matt when he said that, taking it slow with him as we prepared to go to his first shift as Battalion Chief that morning.