Chief Casey's First Fire Part 2

Matt's POV: As I walked over to Boden again, I took a breath and just sighed. "Of course, I get this one as my first fire." Boden looked at me when I said that. "What was Antonio doing here?" I sighed and looked at him. "I will tell you on our way back. It's not the time." Boden just looked at me. "Chief, I need to get my men out safe." Chief agreed with me when I said that. That's when I saw Squad come out with everybody before going to radio to my men. "Do we have anybody in the house?" I then got responses from everybody. "All clear chief." I agreed with them. "Cannons!"

The cannons then started and I just sighed as Boden turned to look at me. "Can you share now?" I sighed and then looked at him. "One of the CPD's informants was a victim. This might be arson. Antonio didn't say it...but he implied that he might have enemies that might want to kill him. I'm sorry to say this but...I might have just put a target on Firehouse 51's back in my first fire." Boden sighed when I said that and agreed with me. "I am so sorry that's the case Matt." I shook my head. "I should be the one who is sorry." Boden then went to stop me. "Listen to me."

I nodded and agreed with him. "We just respond to fires. We do not care who the victims are. If the victim is who you say it is...then that is not our fault." I sighed but (reluctantly) agreed with him when he said that. "Luckily for us, nobody can come into the house other than CFD staff." He agreed with me when I said that. "You want me to speak to Commissioner Grissom and ask him to delay your meeting?" I nodded. "Just ask him to let me concentrate on my first day, I can do it on my next shift." Boden agreed with me when I said that. "Sounds good." He smiled at me.

"You need to tell Gabby." I bit my lip but just nodded. "She stays with me all the time." Boden agreed with me when I said that. That's when I heard Severide walk over to me. "Hey man, how you doing?" I sighed and turned to look at him. "Boden, can you just oversee. They do good with putting out the fire. I am going to tell Severide since he deserves to know first as my Captain." He agreed with me when I said that. Meanwhile, Severide just looked at me. "What's up Chief?" I sighed as I looked at him. "That victim you saved...they were a police informant."

Severide looked at me when I said that. "Wow." I nodded and agreed with him when he said that. "Yeah so, we are taking this both as arson and attempted murder." Severide gulped when I said that. "As well, we are probably going to have targets on our backs." Severide shook his head when I said that. "Wow, talk about horrible first day." I nodded and agreed with him. That's when I heard Antonio walk over to me. "Hey, I forgot to mention....I am going to start staying at your place." I sighed when he said that. "Oh great, does this mean I am already at risk at home?"

Antonio bit his lip when I asked him that and just nodded. I just shook my head and looked up at him. "FUCK! Why now. Why right when we learn that we are having another baby!" Antonio looked at me when I said that. "You are what now?" I sighed and just looked at him. "Go to talk to Hank, tell him what happened...and tell him that you are assigned to Firehouse 51 and my home effective immediately. Antonio, Gabby survived an aneurysm popping...and now I have a chance to be there for her entire pregnancy. You do not put that at risk for me okay?!?"

Antonio then remembered something. "Jay could probably..." I then went to look at him. "You are going to do it!" Antonio nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Of course. I am so sorry." I just shook my head. "Go, now. I will see you at the firehouse. Don't tell Gabby ANYTHING until I am there." Antonio just agreed with me when I said that. I then proceeded to walk over to Boden before biting my lip. "Boden?" Boden then turned to look at me. "I asked Antonio to put a police detail outside Firehouse 51." Boden nodded and agreed with me when I said that.

"You want to head to the Firehouse right now?" I shook my head. "I need to give Gabby a bit more time without the realization that we are now under threat. She is already scared that I am going to die in a fire. Also Boden, can you stay at 51 for a while? I know I said..." Boden just agreed with me when I said that and just sighed. "Matt, I understand and I am going to be there for you both." I nodded and just bit my lip. "Boden, thanks." He agreed with me and just sighed. "Okay, let's get back to cleaning up this mess that I am going to hate." He agreed with me.

Watching the firehouse work as a team, I just continued to breathe because I was so scared. God, this better not kill my family. I need to keep them safe. If this fire leads to something happening to my family, I am going to feel so guilty. I am just glad that I have a bunch of people on my side right now. Going to rub my back, Boden just took a breath and smiled at me. "You are going to be fine Matt. We are all here for you." I nodded and agreed with him when he said that because I was really scared. I just hope that Antonio can help calm Gabby down.