Chapter 68

Matt's POV: After watching the video about how things are in Puerto Rico, I just felt Gabby rub my hand. However, what I didn't know was that Gabby was trying to get her hand out of my grip. Once I let go of her hand to get a drink of water, I saw her get up and then rush away. Turning to look at her, I was confused. "Gabby..." Looking at people at the table, I just sighed. "Excuse me." They all agreed when I said that before watching as I got up. Going to walk out of the ballroom, I went to go find Gabby so that we could talk. This was so unlike her and I don't get what's wrong.

However, all I could think about was how similar this was to when we were at her parent's party. I mean, it's not like someone just told us some bad news...I was just so confused as to what was wrong with Gabby. I mean, I get she's pregnant but this is not normal for her. I just hope that she can open up to me and talk to me. Seeing her rush out to the stairs where I (hoped) that she would sit down, I just took a breath and sighed as I prepared to go talk to her. She needed me to be with her and that is exactly what I am going to do. Getting up, I went to set my glass down.

Walking away to go find Gabby, I just took a breath because I was scared that something was wrong. If she needs me, then I am going to be there for her. She is my wife and there is nothing that I am not going to do for her. Gabby is my world and I just need her to know that she can talk to me if she needs to. Going to walk through the ballroom, I went to go walk over to the stairwell to talk to Gabby. Seeing her sit down in the stair, I couldn't help but see the flashback to when we were at her parent's party. Going to walk up to her, I just looked at her. "Hey, you okay?"

Gabby looked up at me when I asked her that. "Hey, sorry I just ran out of there." I shook my head when she said that. "Hey, it's okay. You just need to talk to me babe. What's wrong?" Gabby sighed and just looked at me. "Come sit down with me?" I nodded and agreed with her. Going to take off my jacket, I decided to go walk it around her so that she could put it over her shoulders. Last time I did that (at her parent's party), it made her feel better. Going to put it on her, I then proceeded to go sit down next to her and wrapped my arm around her shoulders to hold her.

 Going to put it on her, I then proceeded to go sit down next to her and wrapped my arm around her shoulders to hold her

Grabbing her hand, I went to kiss her forehead softly and just smiled at her. "You okay?" Gabby sighed when I asked her that. "I am just so scared Matt. I mean, we are thinking of bringing the kids down there. We are thinking of raising our family down there. Is that really a good idea." I looked at her when she asked me that and just nodded. "Hey, take a breath and look at me okay?" Gabby looked up at me when I said that. Going to kiss her forehead, I just held her close to me. "Gabby, we are doing the right thing. We are going to be helping so many people."

Gabby nodded and agreed with me as she rubbed my head. "I am just so scared Matt. It seems like things have gotten worse since I left earlier this year. Matt, it's only been 9 months since I left. What could have happened in that time?" I sighed when she asked me that. "I am not sure Gabby, I am not sure. As much as I would love to give you answers....I don't have any babe." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Gabby, what are you feeling right now?" Gabby just sighed and shook her head. "I am just worried." I agreed with her and nodded.

"Well, all we can do is remember why were are here. We are here to help raise money for the recovery of Puerto Rico. Then, we are going to move there to help with the recovery." Gabby looked up at me when I said that. "You haven't changed your mind when it comes to that right? You haven't changed your mind about us bringing the kids there with us?" I shook my head when she asked me that. "Hey, of course I'm not Gabby...I am going to love working there with you. Gabby, I love you and you are my world. There is nothing more important to me." 

Gabby nodded when I said that. "Gabby, you yourself told me that you aren't happy here. I am not going to force you to stay here if you aren't happy." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Going to kiss her forehead softly, I smiled at her before going to push her chin up. I then went to go run her cheek and just smiled at her. Bending down, I went to kiss her softly. Taking it slow with her, I smiled because this is what she needed right now. She needs my love and comfort...and she needs to feel better with my help. "You feeling better now? You okay?"

Gabby took a breath and just sighed. "Maybe we can just go for a walk? Or we can concentrate on fundraising." I agreed with her and smiled when she said that. "Or we can go spend some time together...and we can use that nice bath we have in our room?" Gabby laughed when I said that, going to lay her head down on my shoulder when I heard Pearl come and join us in the stairs. Looking at Gabby, she smiled at her. "You okay Gabby?" Gabby looked up at her and just smiled. "Thanks to this guy right here." Pearl smiled when she said that, agreeing with her.

"Well listen, I hate to disturb this cute scene but...there is a couple who is specifically looking for you guys. Well, two couples." Me and Gabby both looked up at her when she said that. "Okay? We'll be right out. Maybe put them by our table?" Pearl agreed and smiled as she went to walk away. Turning to look at Gabby, I smiled at her before going to kiss her softly. "I wonder who came to see us here?" Gabby smiled when I asked her that before going to kiss me softly. "I am just glad that we are together. I am sorry if this ruined our night." I shook my head.

"Hey, this didn't ruin our night. This gave us a minute alone together...one that you needed Gabby. Don't ever be scared to ask me to take you to the side and make you feel better okay? That is my job." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "Have I told you just how lucky me and the kids are that you are my husband...and you are their father?" I smiled when Gabby said that and just agreed with her. "Well, I feel just as lucky to be your husband." Bending down, I went to kiss her again and just smiled as we took it slow with each other. "I love you."

Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that, just holding me close to her as we prepared to get up. Going to get up, I put my hand out and just smiled as I went to go help her up. "Care to tell me just how you sat down in that tight dress?" Gabby laughed when I asked her that. Going to take off my jacket, she gave it to me so that I can put it back on. "Honestly, I have no clue. All I know is that I am ready to get back out there. Thanks for helping me get through this." I nodded and agreed with Gabby when she said that. Stepping close to her, I went to kiss her softly.

"It is my pleasure to help you okay Gabby? You are my wife, the love of my life and there is nothing that I am not going to do so that I can help you." Gabby smiled and agreed with me as she went to kiss me softly. "I love you." I smiled and agreed with her. "I love you too. Now, let's go see who exactly are out there and determined to see us?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Going to grab my hand, she smiled at me and intertwined her fingers so that we can go see just who exactly wants to talk to us tonight.