Chapter 114

Matt's POV: Once me and Gabby finished getting ready for the beach, I smiled as I came back down to the kitchen from our bedroom. While I was up there, I also called the fire department and told them that I was going to quit. I spoke to my chief and told him that I was going to send him a letter of resignation. And the truth was, he told me that he knew this might be coming. He has seen me pulling away from everybody at the house and that I have been depressed. Only when I get a good save do I really perk up and want to talk to everybody at the house. Didn't even notice that but...my chief did so, he is going to let me resign and just keep my outfits.

Walking back into the kitchen where Gabby was, I smiled as I came to walk up behind her and then went to wrap my arms around her waist. "Hey there, calm down. The kids are over at the door." I smiled and agreed with her as I watched her fill up our water bottles. "So, I just spoke to my chief while I was up there." Gabby turned to look at me when I said that. "Oh you did now?" I smirked when she asked me that. Going to wrap my arms around her, I smiled as I went to kiss her softly. Taking it slow with her, I smiled because I was so happy that I just resigned. "I am at the charity every day starting now." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Then I need to go in more."

I smiled and agreed with her when she said that. "Correction, we need to go in more." Gabby smiled when I said that. "You know that this means a lot to me right?" I smiled and agreed with her when she said that before going to put my hand on her neck. I then proceeded to kiss her and smiled as I took it slow with her. "I love you and I am so glad that this is what I did for us. This is the right call." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Yes, it is. And I am so glad that you decided to do it without  me having to really ask you too." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "I know, I am pretty smart now aren't I?" Gabby laughed.

I then turned to look at our kids. "It'll be nice waking up every single day here with the kids awake when I leave. And being able to put them to sleep will be great too." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Wrapping her arms around my waist, she looked up at me and just smiled. I could tell that she was happy...and the truth is that I am really happy too. I think that this is really what I should have done in the first place. "I am glad that this is what I am going to be doing now. I feel like this is what I should have been doing for a long time." Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "Honestly, I feel the same way." I laughed.

"Do you mind if I do some surfing while we are at the beach or would you rather I just play with you and the kids?" Gabby shook her head. "No, go ahead." I smiled when she said that. "Good, because I already brought my wetsuit down." Going to let Gabby go, I went to walk over to the stairs and grabbed it, along with some boxers. "I will just have to get changed in the van." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "That sounds perfect. Maybe I can sneak in there with you." I smirked when she said that. "By the way, I already spoke to my mom and she says that she can babysit tonight if we want to go out to supper after. I owe you a date, maybe..."

Gabby smirked when I said that. "Oh, I am definitely getting some of that later when we are home." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that, going to kiss her softly before looking at the kids. "Kids, get ready to go. We are going to the beach now!" The kids then all turned to look at me and smiled. "Yay!" They then all ran to the door so that the could put their shoes on. Laughing, I smiled at Gabby. "We did good with them." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Yeah, we did." Going to rub her arms, I smiled at her before wrapping my arms around her waist again. I then went to look into her eyes and smiled while going to kiss her.

Wrapping her arms around my back, Gabby kissed me slowly before whispering to me. "What do you think of a foster kid?" I laughed when Gabby said that. "How did I Know that you were going to ask me that the minute I quit?" Gabby smiled at me. "We can talk about it. Sorry but, I just can't help but feel like we have enough love to go around." I agreed with her. "How about first, I get a job with your charity? Then we can talk about that. Oh and remember Gabby, we have to remember that Noah and Emma have special needs. Gabby, this is a lot to take care of okay? Please promise me that you aren't going to push when I just rocked our world."

Gabby smiled and agreed with me when I said that. "I promise. But listen, I want to get out to the beach. We need to let the kids run and play in the water. I already put sunscreen on them while they were having breakfast." I laughed and agreed with her. "I know, I helped you remember?" Gabby smiled and agreed with me as she went to grab my hand. Intertwining our fingers, I smiled as we both walked over to the kids together so that we can start making our way to the beach as a family. God, this is going to be fun. Sure, we were there yesterday just me and Gabby. But today, we are going as a family...and that is going to be a bunch of fun.