Chapter 13

Matt's POV: After having lunch with Gabby, I smiled as I went to put our plates away in the kitchen. Gallo was going to do the dishes since he is still the candidate and I was glad that I didn't have to do them. Standing in there without Gabby for the first time, I did feel weird. We were married and she was here but...she wasn't here. It would be weird working here in the new year without her. That's when I heard Gallo come into the kitchen, interrupting my thoughts. "Casey, how are you doing?" I smiled when he asked me that. "Pretty good. I've been meaning to talk to you actually. How's stuff going with Lieutenant Dalton?" Gallo sighed when I asked him.

"That bad eh?" Gallo shrugged. "Let's just say he's no you." I laughed and smiled when he said that. "Well, you might only have to deal with him until the end of the year." He looked at me when I said that. "Is that so now?" I smiled and agreed with him. "It's not official and I still have to talk to Gabby about it more but...I may be coming back to Truck 81 in the New Year when the quads are 7 months old." Gallo looked at me when I said that. "Really?" I nodded and smiled when he asked me that. "Yes, I just need to talk to Gabby first. We have to figure some stuff out when it comes to the kids. But I am probably going to be back here at 51 in the New Year."

That's when I heard Severide come in. "Is the so?" I then laughed and smiled when he said that. "Yeah, don't get too attached to Dalton. Me and Gabby are going to talk about it. I am a smoke eater at heart so...it's not like this is a complete surprise to her." Severide nodded and smiled when I said that. "By the way, your kids are here. Also, since when is Antonio dating again?" I laughed and smiled at him. "That would be my sister." Severide was shocked when I said that. "Wait, so if they get married...he's your double brother-in-law." I laughed and agreed with him when he said that. "But she's not getting married. Remember her ex-husband?" 

Severide then thought about him and remembered. "Yeah, he was a jackass." I nodded and smiled at him. "Exactly why I am okay with her being with Antonio. He's someone that I trust." Severide smiled when I said that. "Listen, I am going to go out and be with Gabby. I want to do a dance with her." Severide nodded and smiled when I said that. Going to walk out of the common room, I smiled as I went to walk over to the app floor to see Antonio and Christie there with the quads. Walking out to them, I smiled when Gabby was looking at the quads in their stroller. "I see the little ones are awake and ready to see their daddy." Gabby then smiled at me.

Bending down, I went to look at the boys who were at the bottom. "Hey little guys." I then moved to tickle Matteo and I saw him laugh a bit. I just smiled when he did that before bending over him and then going to kiss his cheek. I then went to look at Noah and did the same. "Yeah, you're the smiley one aren't you?" Noah then just went to grab his blanket and I moved to cover him up more. "Yeah, there you go...now you are nice and warm." I then heard Severide from me. "Wow, you are really going all in with the dad stuff." Looking up at him, I just laughed. "Dude, wait until you have kids and then you can judge me. Believe me, this is normal for dads."

Hermann then went to back me up. "Believe me when I say this Severide, that is the truth." I smiled when he said that before going to get up. I then just smiled at Severide. "I am going to remember that you bugged me for doing this when I catch you doing the same when you have kids." Severide nodded and agreed with me when I said that. I then smiled as I just went to wrap my arm around Gabby. I then went to kiss her and smiled. "You show the new ring to your brother yet?" Gabby then shook her head and smiled as she went to show it to Antonio.

 "You show the new ring to your brother yet?" Gabby then shook her head and smiled as she went to show it to Antonio

Looking at it Christie smiled. "Wow, you did good Matt." I nodded and smiled at Gabby. "I think I did too. I customized it. Two gems for our sons, two gems for our daughters. Then their names are engraved on there as well." Antonio then went to look at it and smiled. "Wow, you truly are a romantic." I laughed and just smiled at him. "Listen, how about we grab the stroller and then we can introduce everybody to them? Do you trust the firehouse Gabby?" Gabby bit her lip and then shook her head. "Matt, I trust them with us but...not with the kids. I am a bit more protective."

I nodded and agreed with her before looking at Antonio. "You guys are still babysitting for us tonight right?" Gabby turned to look at me when I said that. "Matt, we are not going anywhere other than home. Sorry but, we need to talk about what you told me about. Matt, you possibly going back to Truck 81 is a big deal." I gulped when she said that because I wasn't exactly ready to tell Antonio. "You are thinking of going back into fires!" I looked at Antonio when he said that. Gabby then went to try and calm him down. "Antonio, calm down." But he was not having it.

Antonio just stared at her. "You are really okay with this Gabby? Your husband and the father of your QUADRUPLETS running into fires!" I then started to hear the kids cry and I just sighed. Bending down, I went to try and calm them down. "Sh, hey little ones...time to relax." I then went to get up and pushed Antonio out of the way. "Excuse me. Gabby, you want to introduce the kids to our friends." Gabby then went to stop me. "No, I am going to say this first. Antonio, but out. You owe us. I forgave you for almost killing me and the kids. You are lucky I left them alone with you." Antonio gulped when she said that and I just went to rub her back. 

However, Gabby was not in the mood and just went to grab the quads. She then went to walk away and I could tell that she was not in the mood to talk. I just sighed and looked at Antonio. "This is your fault." He then went to yell at me when Christie stopped him. "He's right Antonio. We do not have a say in what Matt does. This is his passion." Antonio nodded and agreed with her. "Listen, stay and socialize....I might need some more alone time with Gabby. I will be back to let you know what we are doing." They both agreed and nodded when I said that. Meanwhile, I went to go run after Gabby so that I could go talk to her.