Chapter 14: Classmate, I get lost easily

Jiang Xiao had no intention of telling Lin ChengYu he'd also been reborn. For one thing, there was no need. Even if they'd met today, that didn't mean they were going to interact in the future. For another thing, Jiang Xiao felt a bit suspicious. Lin ChengYu might be less wary and reveal his true intentions if he thought Jiang Xiao didn't remember anything.

Whatever Lin ChengYu was planning didn't matter. The important thing was that he wouldn't impact the life Jiang Xiao had now, would he?

"Where do you want to go?"

Jiang Xiao asked again.

It seemed like Lin ChengYu could only stare at him, stupefied, unable to understand what he was saying.

"I..." Lin ChengYu wasn't only stunned, he was nervous. His brain was almost empty.

Before he came here he obviously had a plan. But when faced with the actual person, he blanked out.

He stared into Jiang Xiao's eyes. It had been several months since he'd been reborn, but only now did he genuinely feel that he'd gone back to an earlier time. Before meeting Jiang Xiao, he'd spent part of every day in a trance, wondering if everything was a dream and one wrong step would break the spell.

He had to keep himself as busy as possible to prevent the panic and anxiety from overwhelming him.

Before he came to Houlin to find Jiang Xiao, Lin ChengYu had already followed the clues from Ye Bing to search out information about the Jiang family. The process was a little difficult, but with enough money, nothing was impossible. It wasn't like the Jiang family's history was some kind of secret.

So Lin ChengYu came up with a plan before he arrived. He didn't know what Jiang Xiao had been doing in Liujiang. With no way of following the trail, he didn't know Jiang Xiao had gone to the wholesale market from the hotel. But Jiang Xiao had traveled with Ye Bing. Given Jiang Xiao's family situation, Lin ChengYu naturally thought he was going out to help the adults earn money.

Lin ChengYu felt distraught when he thought about it. Jiang Xiao was still so young. He shouldn't have to deal with the hardships of life. He should be studying in school. If he didn't like exams, he could go learn whatever he liked. When it came to money or managing daily life, Lin ChengYu would take care of everything.

He wanted to bring Jiang Xiao back to Liujiang to keep him at his side. He would take good care of Jiang Xiao. They'd start over, and they'd never be separated again.

So he asked about Jiang Xiao's family while he met with school officials.

Huayang International, where Lin ChengYu was enrolled, was a rigorous private school with a high standard of education. In Liujiang, many children of the rich and powerful went there. When the school was founded, the Lin family donated a science center, and they still had a voice in the administration. It wasn't hard to use those connections to get Jiang Xiao transferred there.

He also found a good excuse for the school in Houlin. He told them the Yongjiang Group had a charitable project which subsidized poor and outstanding students.

He knew that Jiang Xiao's report cards from year one and the first part of year two were very good. He'd always ranked highly in his class, but too much changed after the tragedy in his family. When Jiang Xiao enrolled in the private school in Liujiang, Lin ChengYu could continue to use the charitable project to send Jiang Xiao money in the form of grants and scholarships. Since there was a reason for the money, Jiang Xiao wouldn't resist too much.

He also knew Jiang Xiao's mother wasn't in good health, so he found a good hospital for her in Liujiang. He even prepared a house for them to live in. It was very close to the school, a small but warm and comfortable three bedroom in Jiang Xiao's favorite style.