Chapter 8: Jiang Xiao reveals a trace of an unscrupulous profiteer

In the last three days of the November break, Jiang Xiao dutifully completed twenty worksheets. When he came back from the holiday and returned to school, his mind sprang into life. If you buy something, you have to sell it. It's only over when you get the money.

After class, Jiang Xiao took the initiative to seek people out. The girls in the next class never expected a few words would lead Jiang Xiao to really bring back merchandise.

Fangirls had a lot of purchasing power no matter what year it was. What's more, Jiang Xiao had things they truly wanted. His plastic photo cards and stickers had new pictures on them, and they were priced lower, which made them special compared to the ones in the shops outside school. The girls liked all the sets they saw. The bracelets, which were finely made, were a little more expensive. One girl didn't have any money ready, so she grit her teeth and said, "Put it aside for me. I'll get my pocket money next week. I'll definitely come and buy it!"

"No need for that," Jiang Xiao said with a smile, revealing the slightest hint of an unscrupulous profiteer. "I'll just give it to you."

Most of the things he brought back were things girls liked. After all, the basic market research he did was in that line. But Jiang Xiao didn't know many girls, so he had to let the first batch of customers help him spread the word.

Jiang Xiao also sold the video discs and music cassettes he brought back. The first time he went to the roadside video store, the shop owner saw how young he was. The items he had were all the latest releases, but after they talked for a few minutes, the owner said he wasn't interested in buying bulk goods and sent Jiang Xiao away.

But everything still sold thanks to the girls. Their social circle was really wide. One person talked to another, and after a week or two, even students from other schools came looking for him.

All of Jiang Xiao's products were new, and the price was lower than in the stores outside, about twenty percent off. In order to jumpstart sales, he half sold and half gave away some small trinkets, so the girls were more than happy. In the process, those discs and tapes sold out.

Later, when Jiang Xiao was passing by the video store, the shop owner hauled him in, asking where he got his products and would he get more in the future. Several customers had come in to ask if he had certain items. Suddenly the merchandise in his store looked kind of old.

This time Jiang Xiao was calm as an old god. "Anyway, I sold everything I had. Now I don't have any either."

The boss looked anxious. "A lot of people are asking lately, student kid. If you go and get more, I'll give you money."

"No, if you're in a hurry, find someone else," Jiang Xiao said, putting his school bag on his back. "I don't have time. I need to study."

Although he wanted to frustrate the shop owner a bit to increase his interest, this was the truth. The mid-term exams were coming soon and he was busy doing exercises. He wouldn't go to Liujiang again to purchase goods until after the exam.

It took a little over a month to sell out most of the two packages. The sales velocity greatly exceeded Jiang Xiao's expectations.

Maybe there was a big mismatch between supply and demand in small counties this year. Lately families had more income, and some junior and senior high school students had money on hand too. Compared to the size of the market gap, Jiang Xiao's inventory worth several thousand yuan wasn't all that much. Last week a girl who attended No. 5 Junior High next door, who came from a rich family, picked up more than three hundred yuan worth of things. Pencil bags, stickers, photo cards, accessories, discs and so on. She didn't think it was expensive at all.

TSGBMTGBजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें