☁︎ all about you, little.

✧ ·˚ ༘ ➷ ·˚

✧ ·˚ ༘ ➷ ·˚. ✧ ·˚ ༘ ➷ ·˚. ✧ ·˚ ༘ ➷ ·˚.࿐

and the thing is, she doesn't even care, at all. she's strutting down the wooden apartment floor with her new gucci backpack while johnny just trails after her like a lost puppy.

sobbing every tear possible now and then while snapping photos and continually asking to make sure that, delilah really does want to go—"are y'sure that you don't want to maybe wait til next year?" and y/n's rolling her eyes the entire time, shaking her head in mild amusement when delilah shakes her head 'no.'

"pull it together, lovie," she scolds half-heartedly after a while, because he's absolutely a blubbering whale at this point about 'how she grew up so fast' and "she was the size of m'hand!" and "she's not being drafted to the war, is she?" by the way johnny's acting, she may as well be.

the pictures just don't stop. dede has been blessed with genes from two freakishly attractive people. so she's all sparkling, wide- green eyes and dimples in flushed, squishy cheeks with a head toppled with the most gorgeous blonde curls you ever did see. isn't unusual for a camera to follow her around. but today is different, y/n snapping a few tasteful pictures while she gets ready. johnny continuously clicks the camera left and right, customized video-camera in tow because he doesn't want to miss a single second. she just shrugs her small shoulders and strikes a pretty pose.

when the time comes for johnny to finally let go of delilah's tiny hand, she tumbles over to the pre-k teacher. her backpack nearly bigger than the size of her. y/n's waving enthusiastically, while johnny's a bit sadder whilst he blows his nose loudly into a handkerchief, dignity damned. in a rare moment, dede turns back, teetering on her new lv shoes to face her daddy again.

"dada?" she calls, in the slow, syrupy rhythm she'd inherited from her father's own method of speech.

"yes?" johnny's face brightens, already ready to take her out of this cruel place and home instead. where maybe they can watch re-runs of adventure time, or a disney movie—at least, that's what he wants to watch— lovie straight up watches netflix.

"you'sh forgots to give meh m'lunchbox."

"oh."

he's scowling as delilah leaves for pre-k, y/n practically having to push him out of the premises. reminding him it's strange for a grown man to be on a playground filled with children for so long. he's cursing the very establishment that requires for him to send his child to an institution so early in their life. and the other moms are staring at johnny, and so are some of the children who've heard him on the radio or on tv. dede is also dressed to impress, although she doesn't really give a fuck.

they watch in silence as johnny crosses the street with his wife once the primary school children with the stop signs give their ok. for all his wealth and fame, at the end of the morning, he's just a dad sending off his kid to school for the first time. a little nervous, a little sad, but mostly—mostly, really fucking hopeful for all they have to offer to this world, cultivated here on out.

with a final glance back to the school, kind of wishing delilah had climbed out of the window to ditch class. johnny sighed once, as expected, she hadn't.

"m'baby," he whines, stepping onto the pavement.

i do be back doe.