☁︎ worried.

—

i'd spent all evening at shawn's place, our bodies entangled with the warmth of the blankets. paying attention more attention to each other than the shitty movie, that johnny chose, in front of us. he looked down at me, laying directly on top of him. heart swelling at my cheek squished adorably against his skin and my messy, wild bed hair falling all over the place. tickling the bare skin of his neck. my fingertips swirled small circles over his smooth chest, and he hummed in contentment. feeling fully and ultimately soothed for once, something johnny failed with due to his hectic schedule and lifestyle.

a notification lighting up my phone on the side table alarmed me to the fact that it was nearing almost 2 am, causing me to groan aloud. pushing myself up from johnny's chest until i was straddling him. his tired, droopy eyes met mine and a lopsided smile formed, while i let out a yawn. large, veined hands slid up and down my thighs, gripping my hips, and squeezing gently.

"mm, really have to go babe." i mumbled, voice traced with drowsiness. trying to life myself up slightly, in and attempt to leave.

he jutted out his plump bottom lip in protest, pulling me back down to lay back on top of him.

"c'mon baby, i have work in the morning," i whined. that grip he had on my hips tightened.

"please.. just stay here. you can go to work from here tomorrow," he argued. putting on his best pout, that he knew i could never usually resist. his thumbs nudged lightly amongst my sides.

"everything i need is at home. see you tomorrow night, promise." i quietly said. wanting nothing more than to lie back down and be fondled by his strong arms, letting sleep takeover my body. but tonight, i couldn't.

he anxiously loosened his hold on my body, allowing me to stand up and stretch. his sweet green eyes fluttered more at the sight of his oversized hoodie swallowing my much smaller frame.

"text me when you're home, safe," johnny's tone filled with seriousness. standing up from the bed, untangling himself from the mountain of blankets, waiting for me to get my things together. slipping on my shoes at the door.

"i will," i nodded at him from across the room.

"promise?"

shaking my head again in reassurance. always so protective.

"promise."

he pouted once more as i shrugged my jacket on and he pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around me tightly, swaying from each foot.

"i love you, honey," he buried his face in my hair, before placing his hand under your chin, making you look up at him.

"i love you too." i responded, standing on my tiptoes to press my lips on his pink ones.

3:30am by the time i stepped foot into my darkened apartment, yawning and throwing my keys onto its hook by the door with a clatter. i was fully exhausted, being that i collapsed onto the couch, mainly intending on texting johnny to tell him that i made it home, but i passed out the second my tired, relentless body hit the soft cushions.

i couldn't have been asleep for all that long but i was soon awoken to few fingers running through my hair, gently. jolting from my sleep, i was shocked to find johnny kneeling next to the couch, his keys to your apartment dangling down from his right hand.

"you promised." he murmured, with an intimidating, yet raspy undertone. "i was so worried baby, i shouldn't have let you drive when you were so tired, you can't imagine what was going through my head when you didn't answer me."

eyes widening even in their drowsy state, realisation hit my groggy, sleep deprived mind.

"fuck john, i'm so sorry. i was so sleepy it completely slipped my mind." i groaned, cursing at yourself for forcing him to come out in the middle of the night. especially, when i know how much it would concern him.

i reached to the floor for my bag, rummaging through it to find your forgotten phone. guilt washed over you as you scrolled through your notifications seeing all of the missed calls and texts from your worried boyfriend.

j
you home babe?

j
still driving?

j
honey?

j
princess, i'm scared text me back please.

j
i'm coming over.

he shook his head at me although, he wasn't really mad. he could never stay mad at me, at least, not for long.

" 'm just glad you're alright." he whimpered, kissing your forehead delicately.

"stay here tonight? i feel so terrible johnny," my small voice trying to clear the air, reaching up and running a hand through his blonde locks.

"of course, c'mere, lets go to bed." he whispered, slipping a strong arm underneath me and hauling me through the small apartment to my bedroom and placing me down on the bed.

he fumbled in your dresser, chuckling to himself once he found one of his own shirts that i'd stolen and laid it next to me to change into whilst he stripped to his boxers, climbing under the comforter, filing the empty space beside me.

"never driving yourself home again." he muttered as i snuggled closer to him, nuzzling my face into his neck. moulding my body to fit with his. giving him an apologetic smile.

lol. should i even be updating anymore at this point. feel like everyone lost interest in this book.