delilah.

"look there's daddy." i pointed to my boyfriend johnny, sitting on the couch as we walked in the door. she ran up to him and wrapped her chubby arms around one of his legs.
"hey baby dede." johnny took both of his hands and picked her up by her small stomach.
"dwaddy i swanted to stay home today, i mwissed you." she'd been at day care all day and didnt want to go, she kicked and screamed on the way there this morning.
"she was asking where you were the whole way home." i collapsed down next to him on the couch. delilah sat in his lap and he put his long arm around my shoulder. it's been a long day.
"oh really. you didn't miss mommy?" he asked. she always favored johnny over me, with looks and all.
"i mwissed mommy but i mwissed you da most." her sweet eyes smiled up at johnny, as he pulled her dark blond, almost brown hair put of her face.
"you should miss us both baby. we love you equally." i laughed at how adorable he was being with her.
"yesh bwutt how tome you d-didn't come wiff mommy to tome det me today." her small head fell onto johnny chest and he slightly cradled her back with his free hand. looking down at her as if she was the best thing he'd ever seen.
"because i didn't feel good today baby, i'm sorry you know i would've been there." he genuinely felt sorry for missing one day of picking her up from day care.
"i know now dwaddy." her head came off of his chest and looked back up at him, as if she had something on her mind.
"what color light did you get at school today dede?" color, meant how her behavior was that day. it was on a calendar, in her folder that she had for that day. green, being that great behavior. yellow, meaning you weren't on your best behavior. red, you were terrible.
"i dwont know mommy didn't check it." when i picked her up they would always hand me the folder, and she was right i didn't know what color she'd gotten.
"is that your folder right there?" johnny pointed to the white folder on the coffee table in front of us.
"yesh." he bent over, holding her back so that his hand could reach out and grab the white folder. he opened the folder, handing it to me so that delilah would stay put.
i opened it and for friday's she had a red light. she always had green, this was the first time she had red.
"delilah marie, why do have red?" i said in a soft yet stern tone.
"i dwont know." her chin swung down, leaving her to not want to look at me or johnny suddenly.
"answer your mom now." johnny seemed disappointed, over something so small. she lied to us though, the first time she'd ever done that too.
"betause i said puck." when i put it together she was talking about the word. fuck. something a four year old shouldn't know but she heard it all of the time from us. such a simple word, yet so harsh.
"oh you said the f word, that's not good." johnny added. her small fingers felt johnny face as she stood on his legs. it sunk in that her teacher didn't even have the audacity to tell me, she just sent me home with the folder without mentioning a word of it when i picked her up earlier.
"don't say that again baby, where'd you hear that?" i asked and johnny looked over at me.
"when dwaddy was talking to you in da room, the ovther day. i tame out of my room. i was at da door and you guys didn't shear me." she was too intelligent for her young age at times. i didn't know what night she was talking about i think we could've been arguing, but i might have been something else.
"just don't say it again okay? that word is bad. mommy and daddy both say it's a no no, alright?" he asked smiling down at her.
"otay dwaddy i won't." she threw her chubby arms up, and a toothy grin plastered across her light pink cheeks. just like her dad.

ayye babies. there may be another update tn. pretty sure there will be, so be on the look out. if you have anything that you want me to write about lmk in the comments or dm me. i appreciate all of you that take the time out to read. i love you all so much.🖤