baby momma. 6

"so while i'm at home, worrying my fucking ass over you, you were at the club, the whole time with hayden?"

"john-"

"with hayden." he grumbles, turning the car engine on and pulling out of the cars parking lot. "didn't i ask you if you needed a ride?"

"yes but-"
"so then why didn't you say yes?"

the car pulls onto the road, making me sink further down into the cushioned seat as johnny raises his voice.

"you didn't have to go to hayden for a ride. goddamit, y/n, i'm your boyfriend! i'm supposed to do these things for you not him-"

"okay, so now you want to start calling yourself my boyfriend?" i say back, and my words are so unexpected that they caused johnny's gaze to strain from the road. "last time i checked you were hiding out at another girls apartment!"

"don't talk to me like that." he warns. i scoff loudly. "you know damn well i went there to sort my mind out, nothing more."

"yeah, right." i mutter crossing my arms.

he raises an eyebrow, having nothing but pure frustration. "don't have fucking attitude with me, y/n. i've done nothing but try and get a hold of you this whole evening-"

"am i supposed to say thank you?" i scoff again. i'm appreciative that he at least went out to look for me. "because fine then. thank you."

"why are you being such a brat?"
"why are you being such an asshole and a dickhead?"

"drop the attitude." he says, voice stern. "now, y/n."

"or what? are you going to pull the car over and-
"y/n."
"-unbuckle your seat belt, walk around the front-"
"y/n."
"-come up to my door and bend me over your lap again? because trust me john that doesn't scare me anymore." i finish spitefully.

"it scared you once."

it still does, i'm just stubborn and can't admit it. "how far away are we from the house?"

"so thats what you're going to do?" john asks, looking at me in disbelief. "you're just going to change the subject?"

"take me home." i say, lips pursing together once i see him deliberately miss a stop sign, consequently turning into a stretch of road father away fro the apartment. "what are you doing?!"

"now you want to go home?"
"what the hell is your problem? it's not like i kissed him!"
"you knew i was worried about you!"
"i knew you were looking for me." i say. the car takes a very shard left turn. "jesus, johnny! slow down!"

he ignores me, instead choosing to speed off down the same highway we took a left onto. his expression is the hardest it's ever been, and for the first time in my life i actually regret making him angry.

"you know what the worst part is?" he says, his knuckles turning white from how much he's trying to contain himself. " a small bit of me knew you wouldn't come home."

"look, i know you're pissed at me." i begin. he keeps his face unmoving, his gaze completely locked on the road ahead. "but i didn't go to hayden, just to go to him. he had something to tell me-"

"he couldn't have called you? sent you a text?" john asks, and i'm surprised at the steady tone he's keeping in his voice. i attempt to mask the stunned look on my face by looking out of the window.

"it was urgent."
"phone calls can be urgent."
"it was about kenzie."

this seems to catch johns attention, and without a warning the car jumps over a speed bump. i have to cling onto the sides of my seat just to stop myself from landing face first in the dashboard.