✰ i miss you.

3rd

3rd.

"i just wanna see you so badly right now, you don't even understand," johnny spook raspily into the phone.

he's trying my hardest to stay quiet, not wanting to wake any of the other sleeping passengers aboard the plane.

the lights were down low, and he's leaning sideways onto the window in his seat. talking to his best friend for almost hours now.

it was half past four am.

on the other side of the line, almost 10.82 miles away, was y/n, johnny's best friend.

and his first love.

the immediate love of his life.

someday, i'll have to tell her. not in a million years, the thought lingered in his head always.

"only a few more hours, and you'll be home. i'll be there first thing in the morning to pick you up at six," her gentle voice spoke softly, smiling to herself. oblivious to the fact that he couldn't see her smile, no matter how badly he wanted to.

"a few hours, feels like three years," he complained, which made the small girl chuckle.

she sat at her computer desk chair, in her abnormally large bedroom. snuggled up with a woven blanket. nervously and anxiously awaiting the arrival of her best friend.

"hey, know what?" she asked the boy, despite his best efforts, he was trying to keep his emerald eyes open. drifting away.

"yes, angel?" he questioned, sounding more surprised than he had hoped.

"i miss you," she whisper-shouted in the cutest tone.

the three words seemed to voice off of the curtains in her bedroom, and permanently shading and engraving themselves into johnny's heart.

he had never heard those three words sound better coming out of anyone else mouth, but hers.

he responded the only way possible.

"i miss you, too," he spoke tiredly, tears welling in the backs of his eyes.

y/n could hear the sob trapped in the back of his throat, she gasped internally.

"are you crying?" she asked empathetically, the words flying from her mouth unintentionally.

he couldn't seem to respond, but he didn't need to.

the girl knew him like the back of her hand, therefore she knew in fact that he was, crying.

both of their heart aches for the simple touch of each other. the warming sound of each other's voices.

and it was until that very easy going moment, that johnny orlando had truly fallen in love with his lifelong best friend.