baby momma. 5

"he's lying." lauren says. his own sister, that he currently wasn't on the best terms with. shaking her head as she places her coffee mug down on the table. i frown where i am, hovering front of my three best friends. unable to take a seat, because i'm taking my last shift. last shift, for my shitty job at the bakery downtown.

"you don't know that." nadia says, staring at her with a skeptical look.

"of course i do. don't you think that it's a little coincidental? how three days ago he was saying it definitely is?" lauren defends. "sorry guys, i just don't buy it."

"nobody is asking you to buy it. that doesn't change wether or not johnny's telling the truth." emily states. lauren rolls her eyes at her.

"exactly and in my eyes johns spewing complete and utter bullshit."

"how did he sound, y/n?" emily turns to me, picking up on how uncomfortable lauren had made the situation for me.

i blink back at her in confusion. "what do you, mean?"

"did he sound like he was telling the truth?"

"i don't even know." i shake my head. bailey smirks at her in triumph. " i didn't pay that much attention. it all kind of just happened and there wasn't really anything to react to."

"what's happened after he told you?"

"i just asked him to leave?" i say and nadia groans. "what? i panicked i didn't know what to do."

"so you kicked him out? you didn't even let him explain?" she sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration. "y/n, i love you and all but goddamn you make some shitty decisions."

"you can't blame her." lauren steps in. "i would have done the same."

"did he leave?" emily asks. i sigh, flashbacks to the night before flashing in and out of my brain. a reminder of how bad things actually arm.

"no." i mumbled. all three girls, expressions changing and suddenly seeming a tad more interested in what i had to say. "he stayed."

"well that was stupid." lauren states. "what happened?"

i shrug my shoulders. "nothing. he stayed in the living room, i stayed in my room. halfway through the night i woke up and seen him asleep on the couch." they all nod. "so i got a spare blanket out and put it over him."

"aww." nadia coos.
"i am disgusted." lauren notes.
"did you see him when you woke up?" emily asks and i shake my head.

"i had to leave before to get to work." i say and i look over my shoulder to see my boss jake raising an eyebrow at me. with the clearing of my throat, i pull a pad and pencil out of my apron, faking. "can i get you guys something to eat or drink?"

my long day of work, over. i trudge down my pavement. my bag on my shoulder, a yawn escaping my lips as i take out my phone. it shows a buck of bright, white notifications. each one being a separate text, the previews seem urgent. causing my walking pace to slow down. i read both conversations, confusion plastering my face.

j
where are u?

j
do u want me to pick you up?