Oneshot No. 84 (375 Words)

CLAYS PERSPECTIVE:

"Dream," Phil says. 

I turn to look at him. "Yeah?"

"He's your brother." He turns to look at Tubbo from afar. I look at him, too.

No, he can't be. It doesn't make sense. 

I think about it for a second. Suddenly it does.

When I was just a young boy, about 4 or 5, my town was going down in flames. My mum grabbed me and my dad grabbed my brother, who I simply can't remember. They went separate ways, and that was the last I heard of the two. 

Tubbo and I had just blown up at each other in an argument that I cannot even remember right now. Then, Tommy tells Tubbo something. He's silent and still for a moment, like the night.

Then he's turning around and running at me. He throws his hands around me, but I suck my stomach in and flinch, not hugging him back. I push him away gently, step back. Tubbo tilts his head.

I blink. I kneel down, now at Tubbo's height. I look him right in the eyes.

His eyes. The hue of sweet spring clover. So pure and innocent. He had eyes that were softly woven with a chorus of green threads. His eyes were the hue of the new spring growth, bright and soft all at once. There were flecks of strength, of the kind of green that comes only as summer advances. 

The same eyes as mine.

I stay silent and pull out a half-torn picture of me and someone else, but the other, smaller person is torn.

Tubbo pulls a similar piece of paper out. 

 And then it hits me.

I pull him in, so quickly, but I feel soothed and at ease when he pulls his arms around me. I'm on my knees, the grass dirtying my jeans. But I really don't care. I dig my hands into his hair, clinging onto him. He squeezes me tighter.

I feel my eyes water, and I let tears course down my cheeks. I can feel Tubbo's dampen the back of my shirt.