Oneshot No. 37 (773 Words)

another masquerade one shot ;)

I stepped out of the vehicle. I wore a dark blue, layered dress laced at the top with a pattern of golden flowers and a slit down the side of my leg. It was strapless, and complimented my tan skin and long, flowy, brunette hair. My hair was wavy and slightly sun bleached. My blue and gold heels tapped along the ground as I walked calmly to the entrance.

Before I walked inside, I placed my mask on. Gold struck the front of it, and blue lines weaved around it. I took a breathe in and walked through those doors into a large sandstone castle. The chandeliers made it gleam golden like a fairy tale setting. Greeted by a butler, I politely took a glass of champagne.

"Thank you," I said, dipping my head slightly. He smiled at me as I walked onwards, sitting down by a man in a plain white tuxedo. I looked at his hair and knew who it was.

"Hey, Tommy!" I grinned.

He looked at me and chuckled, "Ah, hello. I'm pretty sure I know who your soulmate is." He said, still looking at me. I took a sip of my champagne, mocking him slightly, as he couldn't drink yet. "Would you like to know?" He asked.

I thought for a second, before nodding. "Sure," I smiled.

"Looks like I don't have to, he's staring right at you. His jaw's practically on the ground. I don't blame him." Tommy laughed before gesturing for him to come over. Tommy stood up as my soulmate sat down.

He was wearing a navy blue suit with a light gold vest and a white, long-sleeve shirt. He was wearing the same mask, but I couldn't exactly tell who it was. But my doubt was shattered as soon as he spoke.

He cleared his throat, which made me giggle. "Hello, I'm George!" He said, smiling. George! I could tell he was nervous, which made him even cuter. I blushed lightly at him.

I looked over my shoulder at Sylvee and Alyssa, who looked excited for me. I chuckled, "I'm Aria," I replied calmly. He was still looking at me.

"That's a beautiful name for a beautiful lady." I could tell that was his pick-up line and I giggled again.

"Thank you," I glanced at him and grinned softly as I asked him a question, "Where's Clay? You two are usually always together." I laughed.

"Oh, he found his soulmate alright. They're really going at it." George laughed too and pointed quietly to Clay and someone else making out intensely. I blinked and looked back at George.

"Not surprised. He's quite the man." I laughed with George.

"Can't believe Tommy even showed up." He continued. "I never saw him as someone to come to a masquerade party."

"I think it's a shock to us all, but who's his soulmate?" I asked. George shrugged. Suddenly, slow music began to play. I looked at George with a smile on my face. Then he asked me the question.

"Care to dance?" He held out his hand for me. I took it and said, "I'd love to."

His hand was warm and fit perfectly in mine. He took me onto the dance floor and we danced slowly in a secluded spot. I had my hands around the back of his neck and one of his hands was around my waist while the other one was caressing my cheek gently. I looked at his eyes, sweet like honey and luminous.

I felt him lean in, and then he kissed me. The kiss was sweet and soft, and I felt his other hand move up to my cheek. When he pulled back, I saw Clay standing by, sipping champagne.

"Aww, George, your first kiss!" He teased. He walked over and held out his hand for me to shake, and I laughed and shook it.

"Clay," he said.

"Aria." I responded.

"George!" George exclaimed, waving his hand in front of Clay's face. "Hey, who's your soulmate? Everyone's curious." He continued.

Clay cleared his throat, "You simply wouldn't believe me." He smirked.

George rolled his eyes as I watched and giggled the two bicker. "I swear I will," He said.

"If you say so." Clay finished off his champagne, "Celestia."

"Once again, not surprised." I laughed with the two of them, as Clay walked back over to Celestia.

"George," I began, as he placed his hands around my waist again. I rested my hands on his shoulder. "Thank you for tonight. It was delightful," I smiled and gave him a gentle kiss.

He looked down at me and smiled. "It's my pleasure."