Oneshot No. 70 (432 Words)

pt 2. to oneshot no. 69

THE GIRLS PERSPECTIVE:

I walk into school, and it's like any other day. The girls in the bathroom smoking, the boys leaning against their lockers and probably whispering about some girl they made out with the other night. 

I walk to my locker and grab the right books for today. When I close it and turn around, a cheeky blonde boy is in my view. He's talking to his two friends, a toothpick in his mouth. One of them, I know of, Nick. Nick glances at me, back at his blonde friend, and back at me. He walks smoothly over, but I'm not interested in him. I accidentally made it obvious by glancing over his shoulder as he talks to me. 

"Which one you checking out?" he asks, not clueless.

"That blonde boy is so cute," I say in a half-squeal. God, I think, I'm such a girl.

"Oh really? That's Clay." 

I nearly choke. Clay? As in Clay Cooper? The guy with the reputation of being literally the schools tourist attraction? He's a star baseball player, and he's super hot!

"Like... the Clay?"

Nick laughs, before the bell rings. "I gotta bounce. You have class with him though. Good luck trying to hold back from fangirling," he grins.

He turns around and walks to his class. My head pounds. He's just gonna leave me like that? 

Apparently.

-- IN CLASS --

"Ms. Jones, would you like to tell the class what you seem to be daydreaming about?" Mr. Simon scoffs. My recollection (or just me thinking of Clay) is shattered by his irritatingly hoarse and scratchy voice. I glance at him. 

"No, sir."

"Detention."

The class doesn't seem to agree. They mutter under their breathes. I don't really care, but when Clay stands up to say something in response, suddenly this topic is at my peak of interest.

"Mr. Simon, don't you think that's a little harsh? It's not Jules' fault your class is oh so incredibly boring," Clay snorts. He glances at me and I watch a smirk peel along his face.

"Detention. Both of you," Mr. Simon growls lowly. He writes us up slips and when we take them and walk out of the class, Clay goes the other way. I notice he's headed for the doors.

He realises I don't follow. "Aren't you coming?"

"Skipping school?" I question in a half-laugh.

He shrugs, almost saying it's-not-hard.

"I... I guess." 

He holds his hand out, asking me to take it. 

I'm gonna get in so much trouble, I think.

I take his hand.