Oneshot No. 142 (471 Words)

tw: swearing
context: manhunt

BADS PERSPECTIVE:

Dream's hot on my trail after seperating me from the other 4 hunters. I think, what can I even do but keep running?

But then I remember.

I have a bow and a single arrow.

I have to do it, I have to shoot him. I don't wanna kill him, I don't think I can physicslly bring myself to. But if I just shoot him in the ankle, he'll stop chasing me.

I grab the bow from my back, jumping over overgrown tree roots coming out from underneath the ground and jumping over low-to-the-ground branches.

Dream's picking up the pace, getting closer and closed. I grab the single arrow from my quiver on my back and get ready to shoot him.

Aim for his ankle, aim for his ankle, I repeat in my head.

I take a wild shot.

"FUCK!"

There's a loud thud.

I turn around, and see Dream collapsed, on his back. He's propping himself up on his elbows, an arrow through his chest.

I panic.

Oh my God,

he's gonna die.

I run over to him. The blood is seeping through his shirt at a rapid pace, and he loses strength in his arms. His upper body struggles to sit up.

"I- I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," I cry, getting on my knees and leaning down to him.

"It's okay," he chokes out, tears swelling in his eyes.

A tear falls down my cheek.

"I- I'll get you bandages, okay?" I say worriedly. "I promise, you're gonna be oka-"

"Bad. It's okay," he soothes.

"Nonono, just keep the arrow in, it'll all be f-"

He rips it from his chest.

"DREAM!" I yell.

Blood spills from the wound.

"You can't live forever," he says. "In a few minutes, I'll be dead. And you'll win. You'll finally win, huh?" Dream manages, smiling at me.

I hold his head in my hand, I can't live without him.

He continues, "you've been good to me. All good things come to an end, okay? Everything happens for a reason- this was all meant to happen. You're meant to win."

"It can't end like this," I whisper.

"It has to. I love you, Bad."

"I love you more," I sob. "Please, you can't leave yet."

Dream chuckles in a raspy tone. "Don't forget me."

I feel his body slowly fall limp. His eyes start to shut.

I hear footsteps rushing around the corner. I don't bother to turn my head and look at who or what it is.

"Bad! There you are!" George exclaims. When I don't answer, he comes over next to me. "Oh my God- you did it-"

"He did what?" Sapnap chimes.

Ant, Sam and Sapnap slide over.

George stutters, "He... he killed him."