Oneshot No. 162 (701 Words)

TW: OVERDOSING
tw: pills
tw: swearing
context: sapnap, tommy, george, wilbur all hanging out

SAPNAPS PERSPECTIVE:

Tommy stands up, looking worried.

"Something wrong?" I ask. He looks around.

"Dream's been in the bathroom for 20 minutes," he says.

George stands up, too.

"C'mon Tommy, we'll check up on him. He'll be right, I'm sure," George says. He turns back to us, "if we need you guys, we'll call you."

Wilbur and I look at each other and nod.

Tommy and George walk throughout the house to the bathroom down the hallway.

TOMMYS PERSPECTIVE:

I knock on the door.

"Dream? You alright, mate?" I ask, loudly.

No response.

George and I exchange worried glances. I clear my throat, getting concerned.

George speaks up, "Dream..?"

I call, "Dream, I'm coming in."

I put my hand on the door handle, grasping it firmly. The metal is cold against my bare hands.

I twist the door knob, and open the door.

Dream is slumped against the wall, eyes shut, chest still, pills in his hand. George barges in and sees him.

I freeze, and notice my hand shaking.

George chokes out, "o-oh my God..."

He slides over to him, feels for a pulse. "He's still alive- call 911. Tommy, CALL 911!" he yells.

I manage to grab my phone with shaking hands and dial 911.

"911, how can I help you?" the operator answers.

"M-my friend has overdosed, he-he's still b-breathing but-"

"Sir, please tell me the address of the victim."

"T-twenty two Marlboro avenue," I stammer.

-- AMBULANCE ARRIVE --

I show them where he is, tears streaming down my cheeks. They feel for a pulse.

I expect them to then lift him onto the gurney that they've brought into the bathroom, but they keep feeling for a pulse.

"Please, please, please," I mutter under my breath.

Two paramedics exchange glances, then immediately carry him onto the gurney.

Dream starts to cough, waking up. They take him into the back of the ambulance.

-- AT THE HOSPITAL --

I enter his hospital room, following after George. I see Dream awake, talking to his mom.

His mum turns her head to us, smiles lightly, her eyes red and puffy.

"Oh, here they are, sweetheart," his mom says. She cups his cheek with her hand, kisses him on the forehead. She moves out of the way so George and I can see him, leaving the room.

Dream struggles to sit up, a faint beeping noise in the background monitoring his heart rate. There's clips connected to his fingers, and many other wires and tubes and cords and clips all over and around him.

"Dream..." George starts. "It's really hard to look at you like this."

"I know. I'm sorry. I shouldn't've done it," Dream whispers, frowning. He continues, "and I'm sorry you had to see me like that. I can't imagine how scared you would've been."

"I just wish you had realised that there are other alternatives."

"But I need to ask you something," he says.

"What is it?" George responds.

"Who found me?" he asks.

George looks back at me, nodding to me.

I watch Dreams eyes fall dull with guilt. He frowns, a glassy cover clouding over his eyes.

George steps away as I move closer. Dream pulls me in for a hug, and I lean in in return. He places one hand on my back, one hand on the back of my hair. I wrap my arms around him, on the verge of tears.

He whispers, "thank you. You saved my life."

Then it seriously hits me.

I freeze up, the same way I did when I saw him. Saw him sitting down, against the wall, exactly 3 pills from a bottle of 16 in his hand. Saw his eyes nearly sealed shut forever. Saw the way George looked when he walked in behind me. Heard the minute and 18 second long silence on the phone call when I had to tell his mom. Saw Sapnaps face drop as soon as the paramedics burst through the door.

I saw it all. I heard it all.

I saved a life.

OVERDOSAGE HOTLINES:

AUSTRALIA:
1300 MEDICINE

AMERICA:
(866) 950-0630

PHILIPPINES:
​Substance Abuse Helpline1550

NATIONAL SUICIDE HELPINE:

1800 - 273 - 8255

Stay safe. 💓