Oneshot No. 109 (774 Words)

tw: blood

tw: very very very slight gore
tw: injury

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

Tommy holds the blade to my throat. His eyes are wide and psychotic, that once light sky blue now a burning aqua flame. I gulp, nervously, but remain as calm as I can. He looks at me, and I hold a very neutral expression.

"Get on the ground," he orders. I look at Puffy and Bad. Bad has tears in his eyes, but none of them can do anything. Tommy has the only thing he ever wanted. Power. He holds it right now in the form of a blade. I look at Puffy, and Bad has his hands wrapped around her. Looking at them, I break. I mouth 'mum, dad, please' and try to hold back the salty tears that seem to be on the verge of just streaming down my face.

"I said get on the ground!" Tommy demands, again. I look at him. I get on the ground, as told, facing the crowd. I'm surprised when I see that not a single face is smiling. But in the crowd I can't see Sapnap or George. 

Tommy presses the blade to my head, and when it pierces my skin, I bare my teeth and grimace. Half the crowd gasps, some people can't look and turn around. Someone that catches my eye is Tubbo. He looks at me, then at Tommy.

"Tommy, stop this," Tubbo yells. "You're insane! Killing Dream won't give you anything. You won't receive anything from it. Everyone will hate you."

"Everyone already hates me," Tommy remarks, presses the blade harder against my head. 

"Tommy, nobody hates you. You've done wrong, so what? Everyone here has made a mistake. And there is someone here, in this crowd, worse than you." Tubbo gestures to the crowd, stepping forward, closer to Tommy. Specifically closer to the blade. 

"Who?" Tommy asks.

"Wilbur. Dream gave us one rule when we arrived here. And that was that we could do anything, just don't be a jerk. But Wilbur took that one rule and broke it. Snapped it in half. All Dream ever wanted was for the SMP to be one, big, happy family. But Wilbur couldn't let him have that. So he dragged you with him. It's not your fault, trust me. Nobody thinks its your fault," Tubbo reassures him. With every sentence, he steps slightly forward and closer to the blade. 

Tommy's expression slips for a second, and he looks like he's realised something. Then he turns to me. 

"It's his fault," he says, gesturing to me. He moves the blade sideways towards my neck, almost as if he were to slice it in a second. I don't react. Tubbo grabs Tommy's attention back.

"Tommy, no. It's Wilburs. I know, it's hard to look at your idol, your older brother, your everything, in a way like that. But you have to come and admit it. He's not the good guy. But you can be! Dream even has a family. He's my older brother. You know that." Tubbo continues. 

Tommy's grip on the blade begins to slip ever so slightly. 

"You can be the good guy... but what you're doing right now is being the bad guy."

"...I'm not the bad guy?"

"No, Tommy, you're not," Tubbo soothes. And at that moment, he leaps at the blade and throws it far behind Tommy. Tubbo quickly wraps his arms around Tommy. "But you're too dangerous right now." Tommy looks at me, whilst Tubbo ties his hands behind his back. 

The weight lifted off my shoulders as soon as that blade left my skin is something I'll never be able to express in words.

Suddenly, there's footsteps coming behind the crowd, and before I know it, George has launched onto me, pinned me to the ground, hugging me. 

"Dream, oh my God, are you okay? You're bleeding!" he exclaims. The crowd behind us exhales. I try to look for Tubbo, to thank him, but he's already taken Tommy away from the crowd. For good reasons. 

I let out a long, relieved sigh. 

"Don't even worry about it, I'm fine," I reassure him. Once he gets off me, and helps me up, Puffy and Bad look at me. 

"My duckling," Puffy says with tears of sadness, or joy, I can't tell. She hugs me, squeezes me so tight I'm pretty sure I'm about to explode. Bad hugs me too, and I can just hear the crowd 'awee' in the background. 

When they release their suffocating arms, I rub my neck. It still hurts a bit, but honestly, I couldn't care less right now. 

I'm just happy I'm alive.