Oneshot No. 13 (759 words)

tw: occasional swearing

im also not going to use their real names

I felt like I couldn't breathe. I tucked myself into a ball in the car seat, bawling my eyes out. Sobs escaped my lips through suppressed hiccups, my eyes going puffy and red. I was shaking all over, but I slowly picked up my phone. I called Dream.

"Dream...?" My shaky voice said into the phone. Dream immediately picked up that I was sad.

"Ava, what's wrong?" 

"Can I come over?"

"Of course you can! I'll put the porch lights on and I'll wait outside for you."

"Thanks. See you soon," I said. I hung up. I quickly turned the car on.

-- LATER --

Tears were still streaming down my face, but Dream pulled me in for a hug. I leaned into his warm chest, his head resting on mine. One of his hands stroked my hair while the other wrapped around my waist. "It'll be okay, everything will be okay," he said. He kissed the top on my head.

The pitter-patter of rain began to echo into my ears. 

"Hey, Sapnap and George are inside," Dream said. "We're all gonna hang out. They love you," he chuckled. I grinned. This night was getting better. He took my under his arm and opened the door, walking me in with him. 

Dream sat me down on the couch. He held my hand, and I looked into his eyes. They shimmered like emeralds. I looked at his lips and leaned forward.

"Ah, hey Ava." George said, walking in. I pulled back. Dream pulled his hand back. I sniffled silently as he did. 

Sapnap walked in, "I heard Ava?" He looked at me. "I was right, as usual." I stood up as he pulled me in for a hug. I tugged my sweater over my hand and wiped my eyes from crying earlier.

"What's wrong?" Sapnap said, sitting down. George sat down too. I looked at Dream, who didn't know either. 

"I don't really wanna get into it but someone broke my heart." I continued, "but I have my amazing best friend with me," I said. 

Dream winced. Sapnap let out a low whistle. George grimaced. I wondered what I did but then it hit me. Best friend echoed in my head. 

George cleared his throat. "Your best friend. Right."

I gave Dream a sorry look. He stood up. "I'm gonna get some water." I watched him turn around and walk to the kitchen.

"Dude." Sapnap said.

"I didn't mean to say it like that." I said. "I really like him. Like, more than a friend. But I'm scared! What if he doesn't like me back?"

"Are you kidding?" George laughed. "He talks about you 24/7. He's so into you." 

"I say go for it." Sapnap suggested. I fiddled nervously with my fingers, before speaking.

"Alright. Wish me luck." I hugged them both and stood up. I walked into the kitchen as Dream turned around.

"Hey," I said. "Can I tell you something?" 

Dream put his glass and his hand down on the counter. I slid my hand over to his smoothly, placing it on his. I looked him in the eyes. They twinkled, making me smile. He grinned.

"I like you, a lot." I said blatantly.

He bit his lip. "I really like you, too. I was gonna ask you out, actually." He chuckled. I felt his hand rub over mine. I looked at his lips again. 

This time, he leaned it. And fast. He grabbed me by the waist and hoisted me onto the counter. I bit down on his lip, gently, and pulled back. His eyes sparked. I stopped for a second, hopped off the counter and stood on my tippy-toes to whisper into his ear, "ready for some real fun?"

He grinned. I grabbed him by the hand and tugged him along to his bedroom. As I walked past George and Sapnap in the living room, I noticed Dream wink at them. 

GEORGES PERSPECTIVE:

"Ah shit, they're going to his bedroom." I said, giggling.

"You know what that means." Sapnap grinned.

"Why do you and him get every single girl while I'm here alone?" I said. Sapnap gave me a pat on the back.

"One day, George. One day." He leaned back in his chair. I huffed.