Oneshot No. 33 (950 Words)

BACKSTORY: Clay's a high school football player and George is the new kid at school.

"That party last night was crazy." Clay's friends laughed, and so did he.

"I got with Gia last night," one of them added.

"What about you, Clay?"

"I mean, yeah, it was pretty sick. Not like I got with anyone though. Guess nobody there was my type." Clay admitted. They continued to talk about the party but suddenly, the schools front doors swished open. Clay and his friends ignored it. But then she walked past.

Clay glanced at Layla. Layla Maxwell. Easily the most popular girl in school. She was absolutely stunning, and she was a cheerleader. She was filthy rich, and her dad spoiled her with expensive European cars. Her house was a ginormous mansion on a cliff overviewing L.A. Guys at school practically drooled and dreamed over her. Clay watched as she walked past, two cheerleaders by her side a few steps back. She had her books in her arms, gliding effortlessly past everyone.

Layla glanced over at Clay, her blue eyes sparkling as usual. She wore the iconic red and white cheerleading uniform, and it's pleated edges spun as she winked at him, looked him up and down and turned her head and giggled to her friends. They giggled back and walked to their class.

"Dammmn, Clay." One of his friends, Jackson, said.

"What?" Clay asked.

"Layla Maxwell was checking you out! Layla Maxwell!" He exclaimed. Clearly it was a bigger deal than Clay thought.

"Oh. I mean, I guess." He laughed. He didn't really think about it like that. The bell shattered their conversation. "Well, I got class with her. Bye, guys." They shook their head and laughed, how could Clay not take this as a big deal? They walked off separately to their classes, as did Clay.

-- IN CLASS --

"Settle down, settle down!" Ms. LeFleur ordered. Her pretty white bracelet dangled as she sat down onto her chair at the front of the class. Clay glanced over at his friends and stopped mucking about. He looked at the new, empty seat next to him. His eyes shifted towards his friend and he gestured silently to it. Clay's friend shrugged and shook his head.

"We have a new student joining our class today! He's from London and I expect to see you all treating him nicely." Whispers amongst the class drifted all the way to the back. Suddenly, in walked an average-sized guy with short, black hair and dark brown eyes. He was pretty skinny, and was wearing a simple white top and jeans.

"You'll be sitting right there, next to Clay." Ms. LeFleur gave Clay a look, almost saying "be nice" with just her eyes. Clay waved his hand quickly and George took a sharp inhale and sat down next to him.

"Hi, I'm George." He had a pretty obvious British accent.

"Clay." Clay responded, nodding. A few seconds had passed without them talking until George blurted out,

"Are you a football player?"

"Yeah," Clay laughed lightly.

"Cool jacket," he said, looking at it. An "R" was plastered on the left side of the red and white jacket. A toothpick hung out of Clay's teeth. His dirty blonde hair shimmered as he slumped back in his chair.

"Thanks." He said blandly.

"What's that in your teeth?"

"Oh," Clay said, taking it out with his two fingers. "Just a toothpick."

"It smells minty." George commented.

"It's drenched in peppermint water. Helps you stay cool in the summer in these hefty jerseys." Clay laughed and stuck it in the side of his mouth.

-- LATER --

The bell rang loudly and quickly before the students in class grabbed their books and scattered. Clay swung his bag over a single shoulder and got ready to leave when suddenly he heard the familiar British accent of George.

"Hey, Clay," he said.

"Whats up?" Clay responded quickly.

"Who's that cheerleader?"

"There's a lot of cheerleaders." Clay laughed. "Which one?"

"The brunette one with the blue eyes."

"Oh. Uh, that's Layla. Layal Maxwell. Why?"

"She's pretty... She was looking at you." George seemed hurt for some reason.

"Yeah, I guess." Clay shrugged.

"Boys, spend your free period anywhere but my classroom." Ms. LeFleur interrupted. Clay and George glanced over and then walked out the door. Clay walked out and hung in the hallway by his locker with his friends. He noticed George with a group of friends talking. A girl seemed to be constantly glancing at him. She was blonde and had sparkling brown eyes. Clay chuckled to himself, he knew instantly that girl had a crush on George.

"Should I tell him?" He asked himself in his mind.

"Clay, Clay!" Jackson suddenly punched Clay in the shoulder gently.

"What?"

"Layla's walking over!"

"Oh." Clay turned his head. The entire school watched as she glided over.

"Clay, right?" She smiled, her pearly white teeth shining.

"Yeah." Clay's friends stepped back quietly. Layla took his peppermint toothpick and handed him a note. She stuck the toothpick in her two fingers as if she was holding a cigarette. Clay read the note. Her phone number.

"Call me." She turned and walked away, her two cheerleaders joining her giggling. Rumours bounced from person to person in the hallway.

"Nice! You didn't even have to do anything." His friend laughed.

"I don't know. I'm not ready to date anyone." Clay turned and opened his locker and grabbed books. He shoved them in his bag as the bell rang.

"Be smart, Clay." His friend added before walking off.

"I-"

-- LATER --

TEXTING: (bold = clay)

hey is this george?

yeah whos this?

clay from school

oh lol whats up?

i saw this girl looking at you today

what? really?

yeah lmao

cool lol

her names hcarlotte

lol do you mean charlotte

yes lol

well is she hot

LMAO

lol is she?

i mean i guess lmfao

elaborate

uh shes blonde and has brown eyes i think

wiat why was she looking at me was it good or bad

good lmao

ill have to check ehr out

lmfao alr

part 2 coming tomorrow!