Oneshot No. 38 (1223 Words)

tw: swearing

CLAYS PERSPECTIVE:

"I'm glad I finally caught you, it seems like you're always busy now," I laughed as I scrolled through Twitch. I hover my mouse over the button to start streaming. I heard George throw a small chuckle out.

"Yeah, I've been hanging out with Luke a lot," he laughed. I clench my fists, accidentally pressing down on my mouse. I winced silently. Yeah, I know, you've been ghosting me for the past two weeks, I thought.

Chat:
ayyy pog we got a stream
we want among usssss
yooo
wassup yall lmao
among us??? plsssssssssss
khdjfgkdfkjgdfg

"Yeah. It's a bit weird without you."

"What do you mean?"

"I dunno. We were kinda like a dynamic duo. Dream and George. Now it's kinda just.. George and Luke." I was hesitant to say it, but I wasn't gonna shy away from saying my opinion.

Chat:
this feels illegal wtf is this
wot
um sorry what =D
not them being passive aggressive
did i walk in on sum

"Yeah, it's cool isn't it? There's even some edits of Luke and I," George laughed. 

"That's not the point," I snicker. "George, you're drifting." I say blatantly.

"Oh. Sorry, bud."

I resist the urge to slam my fist onto my desk. Is that all he has to say? Apparently not, because he continues, "but you make me feel like you don't want me wherever you are."

"George. I'm happier around you. You make me feel better whenever you're around. I'm sorry I made you feel like this, like you have to distance yourself. But you make me happier than anyone else could, and it hurts to see you becoming best friends with somebody else. Especially when that somebody else is newer in your life, and I've been here for you. You've been here for me, too. I don't want you to drift from me, and I don't wanna drift from you. But I always thought you'd come back and tell me all you found in that new 'friendship' was misery. I'm just jealous of the way you're happier without me. Watching you slip from my hands everyday. All I did was cry behind this smile and happy voice that I put on. You gave me so much to live for. I'll admit it, you were my medicine; my cure to all the shit going on behind the videos and the streams and the social media. Then your new buddy came along and you started hanging out more with him and leaning over to him. All the love from our friendship gone to share with someone else. But if you wanna drift, it's okay. I understand. I haven't been the best friend all the time, and you deserve more. You deserve the world and I couldn't give it to you. I'm sorry for treating you the way that I did and making you feel like this. But I really love you. I don't want you gone."

"I guess I accept your apology.."

Chat:
what the fawk
i hate it here
greg wtaf
guys i dont think this stream is gonna be clean
they abt 2 fight? alr im down

"What the fuck do you mean? You guess? George that wasn't an apology, that was me admitting to my feelings. You out of all people should be apologizing."

"Why would I apologize, just cause you're jealous of me becoming better friends with someone else?"

"Because you left me here and ghosted me for two weeks straight. I've lost you once, George. I can't afford to again. But nothing stops you from leaving. I guess that's what saying good-bye is always like - like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you're in the air, there's nothing you can do but let go. Life is only worth living is someone's loving you, so I might dip. It's been on my mind for a while."

Chat:
oh
oh my god
no stop it
george you better fucking do something
someone get somebody for real
GUYS GET NICK OR SOMEONE ON
stop omg get someone

We sat in silence for the next few minutes until I heard that distinctive "buddy joined your channel."

"Clay! Oh my God, dude, are you okay?" As I heard these words from Nick, I quickly snapped out of my real emotions and back into that fake, normal tone of voice I had. 

"Yeah, I'm fine! I was just- uh- talking with George. I'm okay, why?"

"Bro. Don't lie to me."

I didn't say anything. "You know you're streaming right? You have 87 thousand viewers," he continued. 

A knife-like feeling stabbed my chest. The happiness and feeling drained from my voice. 

"Well, fuck it. They've heard it all now, they heard Georges response," I said. "Not like I'll be here any longer anyway," I said under my breathe.

"Don't say that, yes you will," George said in a half-scoff. 

"The way you're treating me, I'm not sure about that. How about you stop treating me like shit and treat me like a human being and maybe I'll stick around a few extra days," I growled.

"Guys, calm down. George, drop the attitude. You too, Clay. George, I think you have more to say than what you said." Nick said.

"I do, but I don't wanna.. say it." George said. 

"Type it to me on Discord." Nick ordered. A few seconds later I heard furious typing between the two of them. Then, after a minute or so, I heard Nick clear his throat.

"George has something he wants to say," he said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah." The two said.

"Guess what? I don't wanna hear it." 

I left the call. If he was only gonna say something after he talked to Nick about it, I didn't wanna hear it. I said what I said on stream, he can too, and he shouldn't need the help from somebody who isn't even involved in it. The stream was still going as I cussed him out under my breath.

Chat:
well.
???
guys we should actually let him be
whatever he does we should support him
all friends argue, they'll be fine
is he gonna end the stream?

Finally, someone donated.

xxAurora donated $20!
Hello Dream we are all here for you and you have so many loving fans I just wanted to remind you. I hope you work things out and everything goes well. I love you as well as your millions of fans. Have a good rest of your week

"Eh. Thanks." I said in a low, monotone voice. "Well, thanks for sticking 'round. You guys are really cool. Better than that dickhead." At this point I realized I was just venting to my viewers, so I might as well keep going. It felt good to tell people, even if I didn't know them. 

"It's funny how someone can switch up on you so quick. Like, what the hell? We went from texting 24/7 to nothing. And I'm not gonna apologize for acting in such a rude way because he brought it out from me. I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one."

Chat:
woah
this isnt dream.. this is clay
i love it here
pop off pop off pop off pop off
no filter clay? we love it 
george punching the air rn
wonder what nick and george r doing LMAO

I chuckled, lightly, at the chat.

"If he can't stand the heat," I began.

"he shouldn't've lit the fire."