Oneshot No. 143 (903 Words)

context: dreams at the streamys

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

I drive my slick, black, Bentley up to the valet area, only for nominees and V.I.P.s.

I open the door, stepping onto the red carpet in a fresh, smooth, black and white suit.

I hand my keys to a man, who drives my car into the V.I.P. parking lot.

Paparazzi are everywhere, flashing their cameras and filming me as I walk along the carpet.

I sign autographs, grin and wave to cameras and run my hand through my hair whilst doing so.

A news reporter, filming the whole thing, smiles and gets her camera crew on me.

"Hello, Dream. Nice to see you out at an event after your internet-breaking, headline-making face reveal!" she beams.

"Why, thank you," I say, calmly.

"Dream, I must say, you are quite the attractive young man. I mean, dirty blonde, green eyes, tan skin, and how tall are you again?"

"6'3, to be specific." I wink at the camera.

"My oh my! Are you gonna be walking home with any ladies tonight?" she teases, laughing.

I laugh along, "well, we'll just have to wait and see."

She holds her hand out for me to shake, and I shake it firmly and walk inside the venue.

I'm greeted by a waitress, offering me champagne. I take some and notice my friends from a distance. I walk over to them, take a sip of my drink.

"Well well well! If it isn't the man himself, nominated for 6 awards!" Tommy grins.

"Oh, stop," I grin.

-- THE AWARDS --

"Alrighty! The 6th last award- 'Best breakout creator,'" the host announces. "And the award goes to... Dream!"

The crowd errupts into cheering and applauding. I get up out of my seat and walk up the stairs to the stage.

All eyes are on me as I accept the award, the host insisting I give a little speech.

"Tough award to win, Dream! Got any words?" the host says into the microphone. He hands me the ginormous award, which I hold to my right with both my hands.

"I have nothing to say but thank you, to all my fans and friends for voting for me- this award is unbelievable. I wanna say a special thank you to my friends though, especially George, Bad and Sapnap. I wouldn't be here without them. Thank you, again!" I say, shaking the hosts hand and taking the award back down to my seat.

Tommy grins at my side, sitting next to me.

"Now, look. Something special, never done before, is about to happen. We have the last 5 awards to give out. However, and this has NEVER happened before, but they are all the same winner."

The crowd starts whispering and gossiping about who it might be.

George whispers next to me, "who'd you think it is?"

"I don't know," I say, genuinely.

"Probably me," Tommy whispers.

"You're not even nominated," George banters with him.

"So- here we go. The winner of 'best content creator,' 'best gaming creator,' 'most successful creator,' 'most discussed creator' and 'most nominated creator' is..."

The crowd is dead silent, waiting for the answer.

"The winner is... Dream!"

The crowd bursts into screams. Applauding, whistling, clapping, yelling, you name it.

My jaw drops, Tommy, next to me, shakes my shoulder, freaking out. George smiles so briefly at me, as if theres something bugging him.

I ignore it.

I feel like if I stand up, my legs will collapse, but I force myself up the stage anyways.

"Dream! Well, haven't you had quite the night! What would you like to say?" the host chuckles as I try to juggle all 5 of the awards I've just now been given.

"I... am honestly- I'm speechless, I seriously don't know what to say," I laugh nervously. "I said it before but, I just wanna thank everyone. If you hate me, if you like me, if you love me, thank you. You all give me motivation to be a better person and a better content creator and I just would not be here without my friends. They convinced me to pursue my dreams of doing YouTube and I just would not be here without them. Thank you, everyone," I say, shaking the hosts hand again.

I head back to my seat whilst the host wraps the show up.

-- THE NEXT MORNING --

"Dream, your names everywhere!" Wilbur says to me, excitedly, as soon as I step out of my room. I'm tired, hungover and wanna go back to bed, but I have several business meetings to attend.

"What?" I ask. I barely remember what happened last night.

"Umm, you won 6 awards at the Streamys and now every news channel is talking about you. The newspaper came and YOU are the front and back cover," Sapnap chimes.

I look at the paper that he shoves me. There's a picture of me, holding 6 of the biggest Streamy's awards ever.

"I look good in that." I grin.

George scoffs, "you're acting like you don't remember what happened. You love the attention, huh?" George says, without a smile or a grin.

"Excuse me?" I say, raising a brow.

"Are you jealous?" Wilbur scoffs.

"I'm not jealous, but the days over. In a few days you're gonna be old news, so calm down," George snarks.

"Watch your mouth, George. Just because you were nominated for an award that I got instead."