Oneshot No. 88 (528 Words)

tw: swearing

context: youre hanging out with the dreamteam

YOUR PERSPECTIVE:

"You're such a good friend," I said, smiling at Dream. I went to pull him into a hug but he fell stiff. He winced silently. George grimaced. Sapnap let out a low whistle. And then it hit me.

'a good friend'

'friend'

"Oh, Dream, nonono, I didn't mean friend," I pleaded. 

"I'm gonna get a drink-" He slithered past me and into his kitchen. I watched him walk off and flopped onto the couch in his living room.

"Nice going," Sapnap chuckled. When I didn't respond and just clasped my hands over my face, George sat next to me. He lifted my head onto his lap and played with my hair, rubbing my arm comfortingly. 

"I should have said something else," I say.

"Could've," George says.

"Should've," Sapnap says.

"Would've," I say.

"Didn't," we all say in sync.

"He probably hates me! He likes me and now he hates me!" I sobbed. George looked at Sapnap, not sure what to say. I continued to rant, "I called him a 'good friend,' not even best friend. At least best friend would've been better. Ugh, I should've just kept my mouth shut. Why do I screw everything up?" I cry, turning over and burrowing my face and tears into Georges shirt. He continues to stroke my hair, rubbing my arm over and over. 

Sapnap lets out a sigh as I turn my head back around. 

"Why don't you go talk to him?" he suggests. 

"He won't speak to me," I rebuttal. 

"Won't know if you don't try," George says. I huff. I sit up and fix my hair, standing up. 

I cross my fingers, "wish me luck." As I wander over to the kitchen and look over my shoulder, Sapnap gives me a reassuring smile and a thumbs up. So does George. I force a half, crooked smile.

I waltz into the kitchen and Dream turns around.

"Heyy... Dream."

He doesn't say anything, just looks at me.

I inhale, then exhale a big breath. 

"Look, I wasn't thinking when I was speaking. I-"

"It's ok."

I tilt my head.

"I know you don't like me back. Your friend told me."

Ow. Ow, ow, ow, ow. 

"Dream-"

"Look. I'm not the guy people like back. I'm the guy people look at, shrug, and go on with their day. And you... you're the type of girl people write songs about. People look at you and never forget about you. You make people wanna be the best version of themselves. People call you just because they miss your voice. You told me to find someone whos worthy of me. You were always there for me, and whenever I dropped a hint that I was into you you just laughed. Laughed at what I said. Laughed at my feelings. Laughed at me. You told me that one day I'll find someone. But all I wanted was you." He reaches into his pocket. 

"I don't want it anymore." He passes me a bracelet that I recognise and I just start to cry on the spot. I hold the bracelet in my shaking hands. 

There's a whimper in my throat.

He shoves past me.

I look into my hands.

The bracelet I gave to him before I lost feelings.