Oneshot No. 83 (430 Words)

/dsmp

NARRATING:

Tommy soared through the sky, the glistening blue trident in his grasp. He pushed himself further and further up into the navy blue night sky. He reaches a height so undiscovered that it begins to snow, the cold white substance splattering along his body as small as split almonds. The water below him thrashes around, a mixture of rain and snow making it hard to see. Tommy seems to be idol in the air for a split second.

Isn't it lovely. All alone.

Tommy is all alone. the breeze returns and he finds himself falling. Falling to what, he cannot be sure. He does nothing to stop himself from falling. If he dies, he dies. This is it.

-POV CHANGE-

Dream sees Tommy's tall, lean figure falling from the sky. Multiple emotions find themselves covering Dream's face. He's always wanted Tommy gone, right? He could do nothing and let him die. Play it off like he jumped into lava himself. But Dream feels a bond with Tommy. He knows he shouldn't, but he can't help it. Dream grasps his own trident in his hand as Tommy falls from the sky. Dream launches himself into the sky with his shiny blue trident. 

He launches himself right towards the young boy, and has he nears him he throws his trident. Dream soars through the sky, like a bird of prey, and grabs Tommy under his arm. He cradles the smaller boy, who seems to be struck, and braces for impact as they hit the water. Dream begins to sink down with Tommy, but he refuses to die.

 He swims to the surface, water about to fill his lungs. He gasps for air and drags the extra living human with him to shore. Dream's armour is scratched badly from when he wrapped himself around Tommy to soothe the boys impact against the water. He carefully lowers Tommy onto the ground, checks profusely for a pulse. He is not letting this kid die. Not yet.

-POV CHANGE-

Tommy coughs up water, his small recollection of when he was in the air shattered. He blinks, and Dream is sitting Tommy upright so he can catch his breath. When Tommy is finally breathing properly, he notices Dream sigh from relief. Tommy thinks Dream doesn't want him knowing he wanted to save him. Tommy doesn't know what to do. He clears his throat, "thanks. Thank you, Dream. For saving my life. I know we're not really friends but... thank you."

-POV CHANGE-

Dream turns, looks at Tommy. He reels his hand out for Tommy to take and pulls the young boy to his feet. "Don't worry 'bout it."