Oneshot No. 189 (938 Words)

same context as oneshot 187!!
tw: swearing

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

I had taken all of us - Tommy, George, Cassie and Lindsay - out to a nice diner in the city. Once we sit down, a waitress comes over to us.

"Hey folks! I'm Caitlyn, just letting you know that when you're ready to order, you can order at the bar. Thank you!" she says with a sweet smile.

Caitlyn is really pretty. She has long brown hair, dark brown eyes and tanned skin. She looks at me, then Cassie and Lindsay. She smiles and heads off, my eyes following her for a second.

"Ooh, Dad-" Cassie teases, nudging me. "Bit of a crush?"

"What?" I say. I glance at Tommy and George who look at each other with a grin.

"Shut up," I laugh. Cassie and Lindsay giggle to themselves.

We all talk for a bit and decide on what we wanna order.

"I think Dream should order. Looks like Caitlyn is the bartender..." Tommy says with a chuckle.

"Okay, okay, I'll order." I get up, taking the menus with me.

I walk over to the bar.

"Hey!" I say. Caitlyn turns her head and quickly walks over to me.

She really is pretty. She has long, dark eyelashes and soft freckles dappled over her nose and cheeks. I can feel myself start smiling just looking at her.

CAITLYNS PERSPECTIVE:

I can feel myself start smiling just looking at him. Slightest bit of stubble, that cute, dirty blonde, messy hair... and his eyes. Oh my God, his eyes. I could talk about his eyes for hours on end.

Vibrant green eyes, rimmed around his pupil with a light blue. In his eyes are speckles of hazel, which look just like the freckles on his tan skin.

It takes me and him a moment to realise that we've both just been looking at each other. I snap back to reality, and it makes him chuckle a bit.

His laugh is possibly the cutest thing ever.

"What would you like to order?" I ask, after just staring at him.

He blinks, coming back to his senses. He goes on to tell me his order, and once I place it in, we start talking.

"Are those your kids?" I ask, looking over his shoulder at two pretty, young girls.

"Yeah. Single dad," he says with a sarcastic wink. I laugh, for two reasons. Because 1. he's funny. And 2. I would do anything to hear him laugh again.

"And the other two?"

"Two of my friends that I live with. I- I'm Dream, by the way. You can call me Dream."

"Well, Dream, how old are your kids?"

"Brunette is Lindsay, she's 9. The blonde one is Cassie. Physically, she's 12. But mentally, she's older than me."

"And how old are you?"

"21, and you?"

"21 as well. August 12th."

"No way, that's my birthday!"

"Well, well, well! In fact, I think we may have a lot more in common than just our birthdays."

"Oh yeah? What, you're single as well?"

I look at his hand, and see his fingers are crossed.

I reach for his hand, and pull it lightly towards me.

"Wouldn't you be lucky to hear that you're correct!"

The two of us laugh, and I notice he doesn't pull his hand away. We talk and talk and talk, our fingers interlocked.

Then, a waiter arrives at his table with his food.

"I think your foods here," I say, raising my eyebrow.

"Lucky for me, I didn't order any food."

"What a coincidence, more time for me to stop working!"

----------------------------------------

I think we had been talking practically since he got here.

Suddenly, his blonde friend taps his shoulder.

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

I turn around to see Tommy.

"Hate to walk in on you two love birds, but we're all done..." Tommy says.

"Okay, just- take everyone to the car. I'll be out in a second," I say, turning back to Caitlyn.

She chuckles.

Tommy sighs, knowing he can't do anything. He escorts everyone outside to the car, and I finish up talking with Caitlyn.

"Look's like you're heading off," she says with a pout. I chuckle.

"Unfortunately. Hey, could I... have your number?" I ask.

"I've been waiting for you to ask me."

-- BACK AT HOME --

"So, Dad..." Cassie says. Lindsay looks up at me. I'm upstairs in Lindsays room, tucking her into bed. Cassie sits on the edge of Lindsays bed.

"Girls, I need to ask you something," I say, clearing my throat.

"Yeah?" Lindsay asks.

"Lets say... theoretically... if I started, y'know, dating someone, would you be okay with that?" I ask, softly.

Cassie smiles, so does Lindsay.

"I, personally, would be more than happy if you got in a relationship," Cassie says, maturely, with a smile.

Lindsay nods in agreement, "yeah!"

Cassie adds, "is this about Caitlyn?"

I grin and roll my eyes.

"I knew it, I knew it!" Cassie exclaims. Lindsay giggles, looking at Cassie bouncing up and down.

"You two go to bed!" I laugh, pulling Cassie in and kissing her on her forehead.

She scurries off, saying, "night Dad!"

I give Lindsay a kiss on top of her head.

"Night, Dad!" she says.

I close her door, quietly, and head downstairs.

I collapse onto the couch, Tommy laughing. George brings some drinks over and puts them down on the coffee table.

"D'you get her number?" Tommy asks, scanning the TV for something to watch.

I raise my phone up, showing her contact.

"Good on you. She seems like a nice girl," Tommy says.

"She's super pretty," I add.

"You scored good!" George exclaims, ruffling my hair for fun.