Oneshot No. 48 (772 Words)

tw: swearing
tw: lwk a bit dark

YOUR PERSPECTIVE:

I didn't even wanna be at this party. 20 minutes and nothing had happened. God damn it, I hate being the new kid. Suddenly, the DJ skipped a song, and Daddy Issues by The Neighbourhood started to play. I looked around the room. Then, I saw him. 

Oh my God, was it getting hot in here? The most attractive guy I had ever seen just locked eye contact with me. Through the flashing, vibrant lights of the party I could barely describe his eyes apart from how powerful that gaze was. How demanding and intense it was. Eye contact is a dangerous thing, but oh so lovely. A quote echoed in my head; "Having eye contact for more than 6 seconds without looking away or blinking reveals a desire for either sex or murder," Let's hope it was the first one.

I glanced away after a good 10 seconds, hiding my flustered expression. I caught a glimpse of him again, now he was whispering to his mate. His friend seemed to nod and grin before the guy started to walk over. I flicked my hair over my shoulder, repeatedly telling myself confidence is key, confidence is key. But my oh my, this boy.

"Hey gorgeous," he says, instantly making a move. I'm taken aback by his confidence, but I guess I have a thing for it, because I feel my face heat up. 

"Hey cutie," I say, tapping his perfect, smooth nose with my finger. A grin plasters itself onto his face, and I feel the fervent urge to just kiss him. I hold it back, taking a breathe in. But, it gets harder to hold it back as I feel his soft hand touch mine, our fingers interlocking. 

"Mind if I get you a drink?" He says. I should've looked at the devilish smile he wore. Instead I shrug it off and smile, "sure, anything is fine." He nods and walks off. Then, his friend walks over.

His friend is cute, but not hot; unlike that guy.

"I hope you know everyone was watching that," he says. I can hear his thick British accent even over the song blasting. 

"What, why?" I ask, clueless.

"Are you kiddi- oh. You're the one whos new," he laughs, rolls his eyes and takes a sip of his drink. I look him up and down and watch as he nearly spits his drink out either in disgust or anger.

"What's so funny about that?" I hiss.

"That dude you were flirting with? Yeah. That's Clay Cooper. Richest, best looking, most popular dude in Bayview. Not to mention he's the football teams quarterback. And he's into you." His friend says, taking another gulp of his drink.

"Woah, into me?" I ask. People had told me I'm pretty, but I didn't think they meant it. I thought they just said it to make me feel better; but if that was the case I don't think the most popular and hot guy in town would be into me.

Speak of the Devil, he came back and handed me the drink. Of course, however, I didn't bother to check what was in it. He seems to whisper something to his friend, looking at the cup and back at him. But I'm an idiot and don't notice. 

His much smaller and skinnier friend nods and scrams.

"A little birdie told me you have quite the reputation," I say, tracing my fingers along his chest. My warm fingertip is cold against his football jacket. 

"I wouldn't mind ruining it with you," he says. I take a sip of my drink, and nearly spit it out. I don't know what poison taste like, but I felt like this would be it. He seems to lure me deeper into the corner, eventually having me nearly pinned against the wall. I've reluctantly swallowed my drink when suddenly the front door is busted down.

Clay just laughs and smiles as he gets pushed against the wall, his hands behind his back. I look across the room at his friend, also shoved against the wall, getting arrested. 

"Clay Cooper and George Davidson," the officer says, walking them both out, "you're under arrest for the murder of fourteen Bayview High students." 

One of the officers walks over to me. I can barely breathe. "You, young lady," he begins, "were about to be the fifteenth." 

hey yall im going on ANOTHER roadtrip and i wont be bringing my computer so i just wanted to let u guys know that i wont be posting for 2-3 days xx ily all sm