Oneshot No. 92 (399 Words)

tw: swearing

CLAYS PERSPECTIVE:

I was with Tommy, taking a walk through the SMP. It was always nice catching up with Tommy, his energy was very chaotic, but in some way comforting at the same time. 

"So, Dream, what's actually under your mask?"

"What do you mean? My face is under my mask."

"Yeah, but, why don't you take the mask off?" Tommy digs his hands into his pockets, kicks a pebble on the ground as we walk.

I think for a second. I know my answer. I don't say it.

I'm hesitant to speak. "I guess I just don't. I can show you, if you want. You'd be the third person to ever see."

Tommy's face lights up. "Show me!"

I scrunch my face up. "If you insist."

I reach my hands around the back of my mask and unclip it. I grab the mask before it falls to the ground. 

Tommy looks at me, and in the span of a few milliseconds his eyes are 10x wider than what they were before.

TOMMYS PERSPECTIVE:

There is an absolutely enormous scar plastered onto the left side of his face. It goes from the top of his forehead all the way down to the corner of his mouth. 

His left eye is a very, very, very light mint green while his right eye is just a purely emerald green.

"I don't know if it's cool or if it's scary. Probably both."

Dream doesn't laugh, but continues to walk with me trailing behind. He seems to have fallen stiff.

"So are you, like, blind in one eye?"

"Yes," Dream answers very sternly. I shrink back into my shoulders a bit.

"Can I ask... what hap-" 

Dream seems to freeze. He turns around, quickly. His right eye is a green flame, and he burns with me with his glare. I got my answer.

"Sorry." 

CLAYS PERSPECTIVE:

"Can I ask questions?" Tommy asks.

"If you keep them tame."

"Okay. Who else has seen your face?"

"Who do you think?"

"George for sure. Maybe Sapnap?"

I nod, the mask still being held in my hand. I rub my thumb over the surface of it, feeling the many scars covering it. The mask has been there for me more than my friends.

"Can I hold the mask?" Tommy questions.

I look at him.

I look at the mask.

"If you damage or break this mask in anyway, you'll be murdered."

I hand him the mask.