Oneshot No. 119 (531 Words)

tw: blood
tw: swearing

GEORGES PERSPECTIVE:

I turn away for a second, and the next thing I know, Dream's being shoved against a cop car by the police officer himself. The officer grabs his arms, pulls them around his back and puts handcuffs around his hands. 

He got into a full, blown-out fist-fight with a guy at our school. Jason, the guy who was in the fight, was proper getting on Dream's nerves. We all saw it coming, no way was Jason getting out of this one. Then, BOOM, knocked out cold on the floor of the school parking lot, right next to the football field. Obviously, Dream won the fight, but at the cost of getting arrested. It's not the first time though.

We're only 14, still in school, but Dream couldn't give a shit. 

"Dream Wastaken, you're under arrest for aggravated assault," the officer says. He grabs Dream by the collar of his shirt and pulls him up from against the car. Nearly the entire school is cheering for Dream, including me, before we were gathered by the teachers inside. I wonder what's gonna happen to Dream. 

-- POV SWITCH --

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

I'd arrived at the police station whilst officers greet me, mumbling my name under their breaths as I was escorted to a small, as child-friendly as an interrogation room could be. 

Once the officers have settled in and the new handcuffs around my wrists had been locked, they started the interrogation. 

"Mr. Wastaken, may I ask you why you got into a fight with one of your peers?"

"Are you a new police officer here?" I ask. I've been here enough times to learn nearly all the officers names. 

"Yes, why?" the officer says, already sidetracked.

"Pfft, I could tell. You just got distracted."

"Watch your mouth buddy, I could get you locked up if I wanted to."

"I'm sure the security cameras and people behind the one-sided mirror are gonna love hearing you say that. In fact, they might just come knocking on the door soon. Maybe then I'll get a decent officer-"

"Listen here k-"

"No." 

"Make it easier for both of us, just tell us why you did it."

I grunt. "He was getting on my nerves, just being irritating. He doesn't even sit with my group, but his crush does, and he just seeks attention and validation. He reeks of desperation, it's his natural scent."

The officers eyes widen as I speak, which makes me chuckle a bit. Then, he reads through my papers. 

"Let's go through your record, shall we?" he says, crossing his legs.

"Mmm... let's not." 

"Aggravated assault, truancy, more truancy, more assault, more truancy, graffiti? You don't look like you have a single creative bone in your body."

"I like it when you get sidetracked," I remind him.

"Right, right-"

Three knocks on the door. Another police officer. 

"Wrap it up here, hope you got some information. Dream's mom is here to pick him up," the officer says. 

"Aren't you meant to refer to the kid by his last name?" the interrogation officer asks, a confused expression on his face. Poor guy. Isn't used to this at all.

"Eh. He's a local, it's fine."

The interrogation officer is so completely shocked, his jaw is practically on the floor.