Oneshot No. 26 (614 Words)

context: dream is the king of a kingdom (called Kingdom of Dream) and george is his son, the prince.

'GEORGES PERSPECTIVE:

With a sleepy yawn, my eyelids slid open. The golden sunlight slipped through my curtains, illuminating my ginormous room. I slowly got out of bed and rubbed my hands over my eyes. I got to my feet and walked into my bathroom. 

In the mirror stood an attractive young man, 16 to be exact. I glanced to the side. My crown.

My eyes widened. Today was the day. Today was the day I would be officially crowned as the Prince. I caressed the jewels of it with my fingertips. I looked in the mirror again. I let out a large exhale. 

My head twisted instinctively to my bedroom door as I heard a knock. "Come in," I said. Dressed in a proper suit and an absolutely stunning crown on his head was my the King Clay, my Dad.

My Dad was easily one of the best looking guys anyone's seen. Blessed with the most amazing green eyes and soft, dirty blonde hair gave him bonus points in addition to his muscular body and height of 6'3. His perfect, white teeth simply made it better. Compared to him, I'd give myself a solid 3/10.

"Ah, George." He said, waltzing over in long strides. His shoes clicked on the bathroom tiles. He walked over to me and stood behind me, hands on my shoulders. He moved a hand and grasped my crown, nearly identical to his. The only difference was that my Dad had larger jewels dappled around his golden crown.

He ruffled my hair and put the crown on. I instantly felt a heavy weight on my head. I grimaced silently at the weight. "You're gonna make a fine Prince, George." He said. 

"Dad," I began.

"Yes, son?" He said as he took off the crown and put it back down. 

"I don't know if I'm ready to be a Prince." I looked at him. I waited for him to get mad, but he took my hand and walked me to the balcony.

The morning sunlight made the kingdom look beautiful. Golden light beamed off of every building and house.

"Everything the light touches... is our kingdom. But a King's time as ruler rises and falls like the sun. One day, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new King." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Do you understand?" He asked.

"Yes, Dad." 

-- LATER --

Dressed in a suit and holding the crown in my hand, I walked out of my bedroom and down into the castle's kitchen. My parents sat, awaiting me. My mother smiled at me, while my dad cleared his throat and looked irritated on a phone call. 

My mother was also one of the most beautiful people anyone's ever seen. Gorgeous, long, brown hair and the most striking blue eyes complimented her olive skin. She had perfect teeth like my dad, and I always wondered something. The two of them were so pretty, and then there was me. I'll give it to me, I was alright looking. Just not as good looking as my parents.

I walked past my mother and she gave me a kiss on the cheek. "You look handsome, darling!" She caressed my cheek lightly. I smiled and hugged her lightly. I got the British genes from my mother, whereas my dad was American.

Dad put his phone to his chest, "Hello, son." He put it back to his ear. I looked at my watch. I put my fist to my mouth and cleared my throat. It was nearly time for my crowning ceremony. 

this will be continued tomorrow :-)