Oneshot No. 163 (356 Words)

context: dream is at a restaurant with his friends (hes done a face reveal)

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

"Alright, I'm gonna order our food up at the bar, I'll be back in a sec," I say. I get up and out of the booth where Tommy, George, Wilbur, Bad and I are all sat.

"Alright buddy," Wilbur says, before emerging into conversation with the rest of the guys.

I walk over to the bar, wallet in my back pocket. I'm nearly there when a middle-aged women, about 40, stops me.

"Oh my, are you Dream?" she says, gently, her hand on my arm. She seems a bit unsteady.

"Oh, yeah, I am," I say with a smile and a bit of a laugh.

She nearly starts crying, making me panic. She says, in a shakey voice, "oh my God, you saved my daughters life!"

She says it rather loud, and I freeze. The entire restaurant hears. Some of the people at the diner clap, others 'awe.'

She hugs me, tight, but she's a lot shorter than me. She hugs me around my waist, and I hug her back.

"Bless your soul," she whispers through sobs. "God bless you. Please, can I get a picture for my daughter?"

"Oh my God, of course," I say, still shocked. I'm nearly frozen still, but bend down to take a picture.

I make half a heart with my hand, smiling at the camera. The lady, once again, hugs me, then says her goodbyes and leaves the building.

Without ordering the food, I quickly go sit back down.

My legs feel weak, like I could fall over at any moment, and my hands are shaking.

I'm 21. I'm barely an adult. And I just got told that I saved someones life.

My breathing is unsteady but Wilbur pats my back as I sit next to him.

"Dude, you okay?" he asks, looking at my shakey hands.

I gulp, "no, that- that was so scary. I've had someones life in my hands that I didn't even know about."

"Well, you're a good guy Dream," Tommy says.

Bad looks at me. "You saved someone."