Oneshot No. 157 (619 Words)

tw: smoking
tw: swearing
context: dream, george, sapnap all smoking in an abandoned parking lot as young teenagers

DREAMS PERSPECTIVE:

I take a long drag of my cigarette. I inhale, then exhale slowly into the midnight air.

Crickets chirp in the background whilst the three of us chat and chuckle at stupid stuff.

"You think we'll get caught in here?" Sapnap asks.

I shrug and look at George.

"I mean," I start, and wipe my finger along the ground. "This place is dusty as fuck. Nobodies been here in, like, forever."

"It's probably forgotten about. Nobody wants to sesh in a dusty old place but us," George laughs.

"I don't know man," Sapnap says, looking around.

"Aww, loosen up," George says, playfully punching his shoulder. "Even if we do get caught, what's the worst that could happen? They tell our parents? They've already given up on us." George takes a drag from his cigarette.

"He's got a point. We're literally the stoners that sit on the school lawn in indie-coming-of-age movies," I laugh.

"I guess you're right, but I might lay off the weed," Sapnap says.

"More for me," George mumbles with a dumb smile.

"Gonna stick to the drinks, or staying sober tonight?" I ask. As I do, I flip the cap of a beer bottle off.

"Staying sober," Sapnap says.

"Okay," I say, taking a sip.

"We should bring a speaker here next time, it can be our spot. Not like anyones coming here anytime s-"

"HEY!" A voice yells. It's definitely a man, an older man.

"Shit! Grab the weed and jump over the edge!" I instruct. We're on the third floor of the parking lot, and we already organised a small mat on the ground to jump down onto once we were to leave.

A flashlight starts scanning around the area, and footsteps become louder. Multiple sets of footsteps.

"Go, go, go!" George ushers. Sapnap shoves the weed in his jacket pocket and jumps. George follows him down, and I go for the jump.

I put my hands on the barrier, ready to push my legs over.

I prepare, but feel hands grip my collarbone.

"OW!" I scream, as the hand makes it way to my neck.

It's a police officer, just what I expected. He shoves me to the ground, sitting on my back while he mushes my face into the cement ground of the parking lot. Dust gathers on and around my face, making me cough.

"The hell you think you're doing here?" the officer growls, his partner coming over. His partner tilts my chin up, looks at me.

"You, boy, are no older than 15, and you're smokin' and drinkin'?" he inquires, sniffing the stench of weed in the air.

I stay silent, the cop on top of me putting me in hand cuffs.

"You better speak God damnit!" the other cop says. "Where'd your lil' friends run off to?"

The cop on top of me sits me up against the wall, my hands restrained.

"Spit it out, kid."

"They...- they ran off to... your mom's house," I say, panting a bit, but with a wide smirk.

The officers scoff.

"Well, boy, you ain't getting home till you give us an address."

"That's illegal, I'm a kid," I argue.

"We know damn well you're a kid, but we're the law," one of them says.

"I hate cops.

-- LATER THAT NIGHT --

George texts me and Sapnap on our groupchat.

George:
What did yalls parents do

Sapnap:
Nothinf lol

Me:
Nuthing

George:
Ok neither yall down for same place same time tomorrow

Me:
Heck yeah dude

Sapnap:
You bet your british ass Ill be there

George:
Was that neccessary

Sapnap:
Completely