Oneshot No. 34 (598 Words)

part 2!

TW: SWEARING (LIGHT)

GEORGES PERSPECTIVE:

I slid through the schools doors just to see Layla pushing Clay against the lockers and kissing him. I thought Clay didn't like Layla. They kept kissing for at least 30 seconds before Clay pushed Layla away gently. She looked pissed. Clay sighed silently and rolled his eyes while she wasn't looking. She tried to pull her back to make her feel better but she refused. Her skirt spun as she turned away and stormed off.

"Yikes." I said to myself quietly as I turned to my locker and put my books away. A new friend of mine walked over.

"Apparently Layla and Clay are a thing now."

"Doesn't seem like it."

"I mean, it's a perfect match."

"How so?"

"Two most popular people in school. Pretty cliché."

"Clay looks miserable." I turned his head around and glanced at him. He really did look miserable. My friend shrugged and walked away as the bell rang. I quickly walked over to Clay.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"What? Nothing."

"You look dead." I said blatantly as we walked to Ms. LeFleurs class.

"Wow." Clay exhaled, his green eyes dull and bland.

"I'm just saying, it seems like that girl you were kissing is..."

"Claiming me?" Clay finished my sentence. "I know."

"Then do something about it." I snorted.

"It's harder than you think."

-- LATER --

BACK TO NARRATING:

"Hey, George." Said an unfamiliar voice. He turned around from his locker to see a pretty blonde haired girl with big, soft brown eyes like a pool of chocolate. George instantly smiled at her.

"Hey. Charlotte, right?" He grinned.

"Yeah, that's me." She smiled a toothy grin, which made him blush. "I was wondering if you'd wanna hang out sometime?" Sugar dripped from her voice.

"Sure! I'm free tonight." George said. "I can pick you up tonight."

"Okay!" Charlotte giggled and walked off to her friends, leaving for the cafeteria as the bell rang for lunch.

George walked over to Clay's locker. "Clay!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah?" Clay shut his locker and slung his bag over his shoulder.

"I'm going out with Charlotte tonight." George smiled.

"No way! That's awesome, George! I'm so happy for you." Clay grinned gently. George watched his smile fade as Layla walked over.

She looked George up and down then shoved him to the side. She looked at Clay, who then shoved her backwards.

"What the hell? Don't waltz over here and push my friend around." Clay snickered.

"Oh please, I'll do whatever I want." Layla clapped back.

"God, you're so irritating!"

"If you're opinion mattered to me, I wouldn't be insulted, which I'm not." Layla chewed gum in her mouth. Clay groaned.

"You're like a pest, you just won't go away. Why don't you make yourself useful and leave? Nobodies begging you to stay."

A kid around the corner whipped out his phone and filmed sneakily. Then, a crowd gathered. Soon enough, the whole school was watching.

"Oh yeah?" She turned around. "Guys, do you want me here?" She looked at her two minions behind her. They nodded frantically, smacking lime gum in their mouth.

"That's bullshit. Your two 'friends' only stick around you because you're the biggest bitch here. They don't like you, they just do it for the reputation." Clay snorted. He knew Layla was hurt, but she'd die before she let anyone know it.

Layla swallowed the nerves that rose in her throat. She slapped Clay. Clay was silent for a split second, before he laughed lightly.

"That was a dumb move." George muttered.

"Very dumb." A kid chimed in.

Clay punched Layla right in the mouth. Tears coursed down her cheek. Layla Maxwell was crying?

"Clay Cooper!" Clay turned his head down the hallway. It was the principal. "My office, RIGHT NOW!"