Oneshot No. 36 (793 Words)

Finally, after a long drive, you've arrived at the Masquerade Ball. You wonder why he chose to have a masquerade ball, but then you realise he hasn't shown his face yet. The vehicle comes to a slow halt outside of a ginormous castle. Your jaw drops, the golden lighting from the chandeliers beaming out from the windows. It's calm, sandstone walls look down at the people entering. Tommy, Nick, George, Toby, everyone, even Alyssa.

You step outside the vehicle, your glass heels stepping daintily on the stone path. You're wearing a velvety, dark green dress and golden earrings. Your dress is laced with sparkly gold patterns at the bottom, and it swoops along the ground effortlessly as you glide to the front door. Your golden tiara is positioned on top of your clean, healthy, brunette hair that's swept into a bun at the back.

You glanced at the invitation, and read over it one last time. "Your soulmate is wearing the same mask as you" it says. The mask you've chosen is lingered with golden strokes, but is mainly black. You tuck it back into your purse. You enter the castle, and immediately are asked if you'd like a drink of champagne.

"Thank you," you say politely as you pick up the glass. You look around and take a small sip of your drink, gazing at the beyond beautiful sight. You look right in front of you, and notice a man. He's wearing a white button up top, with the long sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He's wearing a dark green vest, and slick black pants. He's talking to people who you are assume are his friends, his hands behind his back. But it's the mask. He's wearing the same mask. He looks over his shoulder and catches you looking, but before you can glance away he walks over.

"Good evening," he says. You look up at him as he sits down, his green hues striking your eyes. You feel a blush rise to the surface of your face.

"Good evening." You respond politely. "I see you have the same mask as me." You continue, picking up your champagne glass with your long, satin, green gloves. Who is he? You take a small sip as the man continues.

"I do indeed. Could I catch your name?" He asks.

"Camila," you say. You notice the man smirk.

"Well, Camila, I'm Clay."

You nearly choke. Clay? As in Dream? The blush is back. Butterflies dance and swirl in your stomach. He seems to notice and places his hand on yours. The music starts to slow, and you and Clay watch as everyone begins to dance. Even Tommy is dancing with Alyssa.

"Would you care to dance, Camila?"

"Why, of course." You grin. The two of you stand up and Clay clears his throat. He wraps his muscular hands around your waist, and you place your hands at the back of his neck. Your dress matches his vest as you slow dance. You gaze into his breathtakingly stunning green eyes. They glisten in the golden lighting like emeralds. It was like a movie scene, and you were the main character.

He swished around and suddenly you were in the middle of the ballroom. You knew people were watching, but you paid no attention. Never had you felt like this with a man. You place your head on his chest and he places his head on top of yours gently. You two swayed subtly in the middle of the ballroom, every creator there watching.

You feel his heartbeat in your ear over the soft music and wish you could stay in the moment forever, but know you can't. So you cherish it and remember every single moment of this time.

Clay glances at George who's smiling hysterically, taking sips of his champagne. George throws a thumbs up at Clay, who chuckles. You break away from the hug as Clay looks down at you.

Is this all a dream? Will you wake up heartbroken, or are you living the life you've always wanted? You don't care. He leans down and kisses you. You feel his hand spread up your waist, to your neck, to your face. He caresses your cheek while he plants a passionate kiss onto your lips, and you hear everyone around you two say "Aww" in sync.

Clay breaks away from the kiss and you two blush. He swings you around and dips you, coming into another, feverish kiss. He holds you in the dip, your hands around the back of his neck still. Your hand brushes up and along his dirty blonde hair. You can hear George's distinctive chuckle, and Alyssa's noticeable giggle.

Then you realise something.

"wait im underaged"

"oh shit lol"