Oneshot No. 184 (425 Words)

context: dreamteam + tommy living together

SAPNAPS PERSPECTIVE:

George, Tommy and I all chill in my room. Dream went out with some of his friends to relax at their house, and he's just come home from the sound of the front door opening.

"Catch," Tommy says, chucking me a cricket ball, thinking it would've scared me.

"Nice try," I mock with a grin. George is sitting at my setup, Tommy sitting on the second chair next to George and I'm in bed. I toss the cricket ball up and down.

"Ohh no..." George says. "Look at Leah's story."

"On?" I ask.

"Instagram."

Tommy looks at us, confused. He doesn't know who Leah is.

Leah is one of Dream's close Orlando friends. Dream has a major crush on her, the type of crush where he'll get caught by me or George stalking her instagram. Recently, however, she's been distancing herself from him, and he's gotten really upset about it. There's even a blurry disposable camera picture of Leah sitting next to Dream, both of them smiling and her kissing him on the cheek. He loves that photo.

I look at her story, and instantly, my face drops.

Then, Dream comes into the room.

"Heyy Dream..." I say.

He doesn't answer, just slips into the bed next to me and throws his phone down. He saw her story.

"What's wrong?" George asks. He looks at Tommy, then at me.

I put my arm around Dream.

Dream reaches for his phone and flips it around to show George and Tommy.

It's Leahs story; a picture of her and her new boyfriend with a cute song in the back.

My heart shatters for him. I can feel his heart beat as he nuzzles up next to me, then I feel

"Buddy..." I soothe, rubbing his back up and down. "It's okay."

The room falls silent, and all you can hear is Dream's teeny sobs. I mouth to Tommy, 'just give him a minute.'

Eventually, Dream turns around and nuzzles up to me.

"It's okay, you have us!" Tommy exclaims.

I expect Dream to chuckle a bit at that, but he doesn't. He sniffles a bit, with hiccuping breathes.

"I'll leave..." Tommy says. He gets up and leaves. George walks over to Dream, leans down.

"Hey, look at me," George says. Dream doesn't budge. George just frowns and huffs. "Love you." George then, too, leaves the room.

"Sleeping here tonight?" I ask. Dream barely nods.

"Alright. Night, buddy."